Re: PAT Mailbox #pat

Basil Gunn

Hi Erwin,

A couple of things.

1. If you get "error: localhost:8080", it is most likely that DRAWS
Manager is running and not allowing PAT to use that port. You can
confirm by:

# First make sure you have the most current n7nix repo (scripts).

cd
cd n7nix/config
./bin_refresh.sh

# Then run a script to determine if DRAWS manager is running:

cd
cd n7nix/email/pat
./pat_ctrl.sh status

That will tell you if DRAWS manager is running or some other process is
using port 8080. To kill DRAWS manager and free up port 8080:

mgr-ctrl.sh stop

2. paclink-unix & PAT are 2 separate winlink clients.
I would focus on PAT. I have found that paclink-unix & PAT point-2-point
listeners can NOT co-exist. I am working on a script that will allow
setting up either and change back if required. Currently you can stop
the paclink-unix listener by running:

cd
cd n7nix/email/pat
./listener_ctrl.sh -d

That will disable the paclink-unix listener and allow you to install a
PAT listener for point-2-point operation.

Hope that helps.
/Basil n7nix

All of the installation (2.02) is running - great. Now I want to
install PAT Mailbox. I went to the last description of a past post
from you but this was not running. I'm struggling were I can fix the
problem. I went through the description on your GITHUB
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix and after to
http://bazaudi.com/plu/doku.php?id=plu:install_postfix but with no
positiv result. When I start the PAT-mailbox from the desktop icon but
it ends up in an error: localhost:8080 ... result "This site can’t be
reachedlocalhost refused to connect." What can I do next?

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG