Re: DRAWS GPS not seeing satellites #gpsd #gps

Basil Gunn

1. Make sure gpsd is running:

systemctl status gpsd
# You should see Active: active (running)

‚óŹ gpsd.service - GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2021-11-20 12:00:31 PST; 6 days ago

2. Check your gps antenna. It must face up toward the sky.
Sounds like you are in your house so make sure it is by a window.
Also check the SMA connector, make sure it is tight.

3. Check the battery voltage of the CR 1220 battery.
Should read 3.3V

Thanks for providing the console output.
It all looks OK.

Rich KR4PI <rich.schnieders@gmail.com> writes:

Up until a couple of days ago, my draws hat GPS was working
perfectly. I had it setup to be the time source for my HamClock. I
noticed that my HamClock was no longer updating time. So I went to the
Draws pi and ran gpsmon. I get no sat fix, even after more than 24
hours. I notice that GPSMON TOFF = >1 day.