Pi es Hat temperature

K3VIN

I was asked in another group, one for JS8, what I was doing about temperature on my Pi. Here is my response and pic of my fan install.

I have been getting mid to upper 60's C, with one time I noted 71, 72C. I decided to add some heat sinks to the Pi, and I was seeing the temp jump to mid 70's. The case was noticeably hotter to the touch as well. Finally I added a small 12v fan to the side of the case, and the temp dropped back to the mid 60's.

I don't know what is up with the heat sinks, but I removed them but kept the fan, and I am constantly in the low to mid 50's! As I type this, the temp is 48C.

Kevin, K3VIN