Re: Raspian PIXEL desktop

Richard - VE7CVS

About wear leveling - I've burned out a few SD cards on my household network Pi (up 24/365). When using a Pi for this kind of service I now use an SSD for the main drive, and just use the SD to boot (the Pi can only boot from SD). So - smallest SD that I have around, and biggest SSD that I can afford...

The SSDs have proper wear leveling firmware in them, and I haven't lost one yet.

Another advantage - the Pi will only go to 32GB SD cards, but you can put any size SSD (or hard drive, for that matter) on the Pi via USB.

- Richard, VE7CVS