Re: SD Surprise

VE3MIC

If your running Linux, DD is the way to go
de Mike

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:31 AM, John McDonough <wb8rcr@...> wrote:

On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 17:45 -0700, Richard - VE7CVS wrote:
> If you shrink the filesystem before you save it, you can restore it
> and
> expand it to the size of the destination card.
>
> I use tools like dd, resize2fs and fdisk to manipulate filesystems.

I use dd to make the backups, and certainly I can muck with the
filesystem sizes, but it is just so convenient to just tell dd to copy
this file to this device with no messing around.  I suppose if I think
about it, a little bash pixie dust could automate the process tho.

> These commands are worth learning if you want to understand how
> filesystems and storage work.
>
> But then, I rarely do things the easy way, and I have a compulsion
> know how things work. :-)

hmmm ... sounds familiar ;)