Date   

Re: Draws image

Douglas
 

Here is the end of the write in terminal.

Douglas
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 15:51 Douglas KI7LIK via Groups.Io <KI7LIK.AZ=GMAIL.COM@groups.io> wrote:
when i try to run ddcfldd, it says command not found, even using sudo.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 7:53 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

For Linux my command line looks like this:

time (dcfldd if=draws_beta10.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M status=progress; sync)

You must determine the correct output device name or you run the
possibility of ruining your workstation hard drive.

First I run fdisk -l
then put the uSD card into the reader/writer
then do another fdisk -l
This gives me confidence that I properly identified the uSD card that I
want to burn.

>> would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
>> line immediately after it's finished writing?

You could run sync following your dcfldd command, that also works. It
doesn't 'hurt' to run sync multiple times. What you should observe is
that ALOT of write data is buffered and NOT yet written when the dcfldd
command returns.

You could run dd. I prefer dcfldd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)#Dcfldd

/Basil

John Amdor III <johnmxl@...> writes:

> Could one chain the commands 'dd [options] && sync' so that upon
> successful completion of the dd command the sync command would
> automatically execute?
>
> John K0MXL
>
>
> On 3/31/19 9:32 AM, Douglas KI7LIK wrote:
>> Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
>> line immediately after it's finished writing?
>>
>> Douglas
>> Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <basil@...
>> <mailto:basil@...>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>     You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.
>>
>>     Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has
>>     email so you can
>>     cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.
>>
>>     /Basil n7nix
>>
>>     Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@... <mailto:KI7LIK.AZ@...>>
>>     writes:
>>
>>      > I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card. When i
>>     start the
>>      > boot, it won't boot to login.
>>      > The last line in the boot process is
>>      > [  0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS: Unable
>>     to mount fs
>>      > on unknown-block(179,2)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>





--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch


Re: Draws image

Douglas
 

when i try to run ddcfldd, it says command not found, even using sudo.


On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 7:53 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

For Linux my command line looks like this:

time (dcfldd if=draws_beta10.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M status=progress; sync)

You must determine the correct output device name or you run the
possibility of ruining your workstation hard drive.

First I run fdisk -l
then put the uSD card into the reader/writer
then do another fdisk -l
This gives me confidence that I properly identified the uSD card that I
want to burn.

>> would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
>> line immediately after it's finished writing?

You could run sync following your dcfldd command, that also works. It
doesn't 'hurt' to run sync multiple times. What you should observe is
that ALOT of write data is buffered and NOT yet written when the dcfldd
command returns.

You could run dd. I prefer dcfldd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)#Dcfldd

/Basil

John Amdor III <johnmxl@...> writes:

> Could one chain the commands 'dd [options] && sync' so that upon
> successful completion of the dd command the sync command would
> automatically execute?
>
> John K0MXL
>
>
> On 3/31/19 9:32 AM, Douglas KI7LIK wrote:
>> Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
>> line immediately after it's finished writing?
>>
>> Douglas
>> Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <basil@...
>> <mailto:basil@...>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>     You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.
>>
>>     Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has
>>     email so you can
>>     cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.
>>
>>     /Basil n7nix
>>
>>     Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@... <mailto:KI7LIK.AZ@...>>
>>     writes:
>>
>>      > I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card. When i
>>     start the
>>      > boot, it won't boot to login.
>>      > The last line in the boot process is
>>      > [  0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS: Unable
>>     to mount fs
>>      > on unknown-block(179,2)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>





--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch


Re: Draws image

Basil Gunn
 

For Linux my command line looks like this:

time (dcfldd if=draws_beta10.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M status=progress; sync)

You must determine the correct output device name or you run the
possibility of ruining your workstation hard drive.

First I run fdisk -l
then put the uSD card into the reader/writer
then do another fdisk -l
This gives me confidence that I properly identified the uSD card that I
want to burn.

would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
line immediately after it's finished writing?
You could run sync following your dcfldd command, that also works. It
doesn't 'hurt' to run sync multiple times. What you should observe is
that ALOT of write data is buffered and NOT yet written when the dcfldd
command returns.

You could run dd. I prefer dcfldd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)#Dcfldd

/Basil

John Amdor III <johnmxl@...> writes:

Could one chain the commands 'dd [options] && sync' so that upon
successful completion of the dd command the sync command would
automatically execute?

John K0MXL


On 3/31/19 9:32 AM, Douglas KI7LIK wrote:
Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd
line immediately after it's finished writing?

Douglas
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <@basil860
<mailto:@basil860>> wrote:


You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.

Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has
email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.

/Basil n7nix

Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@... <mailto:KI7LIK.AZ@...>>
writes:

> I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card. When i
start the
> boot, it won't boot to login.
> The last line in the boot process is
> [ 0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS: Unable
to mount fs
> on unknown-block(179,2)





Re: Draws image

John Amdor III
 

Could one chain the commands 'dd [options] && sync' so that upon successful completion of the dd command the sync command would automatically execute?

John K0MXL

On 3/31/19 9:32 AM, Douglas KI7LIK wrote:
Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd line immediately after it's finished writing?
Douglas
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch
On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <@basil860 <mailto:@basil860>> wrote:
You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.
Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has
email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.
/Basil n7nix
Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@... <mailto:KI7LIK.AZ@...>>
writes:

> I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i
start the
> boot, it won't boot to login.
> The last line in the boot process is
> [    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable
to mount fs
> on unknown-block(179,2)


Re: Draws image

Douglas
 

Basil, would the sync follow on the same command line or another commNd line immediately after it's finished writing?

Douglas 
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 22:21 Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.

Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.

/Basil n7nix

Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> writes:

> I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the
> boot, it won't boot to login.
> The last line in the boot process is
> [    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs
> on unknown-block(179,2)





Re: Draws image

Gayland Gump
 

I suspect Basil has it correct.  I experienced similar conditions the write cycles take longer than one expects and concluding with a sync command will help insure that all write buffers have been written. 
Gayland
KG7GCF


On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.

Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.

/Basil n7nix

Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> writes:

> I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the
> boot, it won't boot to login.
> The last line in the boot process is
> [    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs
> on unknown-block(179,2)





Re: Draws image

Basil Gunn
 

You most likely didn't do a 'sync' after the dd command.

Could you please ssh into your pi from another computer that has email so you can
cut & paste the console output of your dd command and email it to us.

/Basil n7nix

Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> writes:

I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card. When i start the
boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is
[ 0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount fs
on unknown-block(179,2)


Re: Draws image

 

I am suspecting the card may be bad -- is there any way you can burn it using Etcher on a Windows or Mac computer?  (Did you unzip it before copying it?)

If you try dd again, copy the command and output so we can see what happens.


On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:44 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I used the same pny 32GB card i qas using before, just using a usb adapter rather than a full size sd card adapter.

As far as writing the image, i used the raspbian linux and the getting started steps provided.   The only exception is that for the write command, is used sudo dd.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 21:36 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Please provide the exact steps you followed (program, SDCARD type/size, etc.) -- did you have the program verify the write?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:05 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is 
[    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(179,2)


KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   


Re: Draws image

Douglas
 

I used the same pny 32GB card i qas using before, just using a usb adapter rather than a full size sd card adapter.

As far as writing the image, i used the raspbian linux and the getting started steps provided.   The only exception is that for the write command, is used sudo dd.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch


On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 21:36 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Please provide the exact steps you followed (program, SDCARD type/size, etc.) -- did you have the program verify the write?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:05 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is 
[    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(179,2)


KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   


Re: Draws image

 

Please provide the exact steps you followed (program, SDCARD type/size, etc.) -- did you have the program verify the write?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:05 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is 
[    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(179,2)


KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   


Draws image

Douglas
 

I was able to get it to write the image to the sd card.  When i start the boot, it won't boot to login.
The last line in the boot process is 
[    0.957101] ---[ end Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS:  Unable to mount fs on unknown-block(179,2)


KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch


Re: gpsd Running But No Satellite Info #gpsd #gps

 

No worries -- a good data point!

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:21 PM Tom General via Groups.Io <ke5icx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Welp!  Color me stupid.  As it turns out, I inserted the battery backwards on the DRAWS board.  I assumed the FLAT end of the battery is negative and the "button" side was positive. 

Nope...

Reversed the battery and the GPS info come up immediately.

I'm sorry to have bothered this group for such a basic mistake.

Thank you all who helped me.  

73,

Tom



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   


Re: gpsd Running But No Satellite Info #gpsd #gps

Tom General
 

Welp!  Color me stupid.  As it turns out, I inserted the battery backwards on the DRAWS board.  I assumed the FLAT end of the battery is negative and the "button" side was positive. 

Nope...

Reversed the battery and the GPS info come up immediately.

I'm sorry to have bothered this group for such a basic mistake.

Thank you all who helped me.  

73,

Tom


Re: gpsd Running But No Satellite Info #gpsd #gps

Tom General
 

Will do.  Thanks!

Tom


Re: gpsd Running But No Satellite Info #gpsd #gps

Basil Gunn
 

Tom,
Could you please do the following:
1. Take a close up picture of your DRAWS hat installed on the RPi
- Send as an attachment to my email only.
- In the picture be sure to include the battery & antenna connector.
2. Power down the RPi, take DRAWS board off the RPi & take the battery
out of the DRAWS board.
3. Put DRAWS hat back on the RPi without the battery, power up and run cgps
4. Post results

Thanks,
/Basil

Tom General via Groups.Io <ke5icx=yahoo.com@groups.io> writes:

Hello All,

I tried these two things last night. I even hustled the DRAWS/Pi
outside and placed the GPS in an open spot in my backyard.

I ran cgps, gpsmon, and gpspipe. They all queried gpsd and it responded with the metatag info which everyone says is normal. I left gpsmon on for about an hour and tried cgps several times (it times out after a couple of minutes). No changes.

Is there a way to directly test the antenna hardware? As I've never seen one of these working normally I'm not sure what behavior I should see, excepting just waiting for the screen to come alive with new information.

Also, the cgps never changes from this:


Re: gpsd Running But No Satellite Info #gpsd #gps

Tom General
 

Hello All,

I tried these two things last night.  I even hustled the DRAWS/Pi outside and placed the GPS in an open spot in my backyard.   

I ran cgps, gpsmon, and gpspipe.  They all queried gpsd and it responded with the metatag info which everyone says is normal.  I left gpsmon on for about an hour and tried cgps several times (it times out after a couple of minutes).  No changes.

Is there a way to directly test the antenna hardware?  As I've never seen one of these working normally I'm not sure what behavior I should see, excepting just waiting for the screen to come alive with new information.   

Also, the cgps never changes from this:

┌───────────────────────────────────────────┐┌──────────────────Seen  0/Used  0┐
│ Time:          n/a                        ││    PRN  Elev   Azim   SNR  Use  │
│ Latitude:      n/a                        ││                                 │
│ Longitude:     n/a                        ││                                 │
│ Altitude:      n/a                        ││                                 │
│ Speed:         n/a                        ││                                 │
│ Heading:         n/a                      ││                                 │
│ Climb:         n/a                        ││                                 │
│ Status:         NO FIX (2 secs)           ││                                 │
│ Long Err  (XDOP, EPX):  n/a ,  n/a        ││                                 │
│ Lat Err   (YDOP, EPY):  n/a ,  n/a        ││                                 │
│ Alt Err   (VDOP, EPV):  n/a ,  n/a        ││                                 │
│ 2D Err    (HDOP, CEP):  n/a ,  n/a        ││                                 │
│ 3D Err    (PDOP, SEP):  n/a ,  n/a        ││                                 │
│ Time Err  (TDOP):       n/a               ││                                 │
│ Geo Err   (GDOP):       n/a               ││                                 │
│ Speed Err (EPS):               n/a        ││                                 │
│ Head Err  (EPD):        n/a               ││                                 │
│ Time offset:            n/a               ││                                 │
│ Grid Square:            n/a               ││                                 │
└───────────────────────────────────────────┘└─────────────────────────────────┘
03-27T22:18:13.424Z"}]}
{"class":"WATCH","enable":true,"json":true,"nmea":false,"raw":0,"scaled":false,"timing":false,"split24":false,"pps":false}r":3,"proto_minor"



1. What you are seeing when starting gpsmon is JSON that is coming from gpsd.  It looks right/normal.  If you want to see gps sentences, use the command gpspipe (man gpspipe)
2. Make sure the antenna has a clear view of the sky, and first startup is going to take some time for lock.  Once it has lock, it will store your position in it's memory (which stays as long as you have power applied and/or the battery installed (40 days backup, with power disconnected), and future boot ups will go much quicker.
 

 


Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Joseph Vilardo
 

Basil

A good idea to not include the alpha releases of fldigi. They change often when Dave is debuging problems.

Joe

On 3/27/2019 5:13 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:

What repository are you using to get 4.1.02.29?
4.1.02.29 is a test release of the .02 version that has an added feature
or features and not yet verified as fully functional. Dave W1HKJ makes
them available for those that want to try them and report what results
they get.

I found them here http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha.
Thanks. I probably will not include alpha version on the DRAWS image.

Next I will try your suggestion and use the script
"n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh" and n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -u to update
to the latest stable versions.
You need to increase the swap file before you run the update since it
compiles fldigi.

From a learning point of view I will also try editing the swap file and
try to build the latest alpha of fldigi from source.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks Basil,

Joe K3JV


I use the script at n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh to show the latest
versions of all the hf HAM programs on the DRAWS image. You can use
hf_verchk.sh -u to update all the hf programs to their current
version. They change weekly.

Before you build from source you will need to increase the swap file
size in config file: /etc/dphys-swapfile

Change CONF_SWAPSIZE=100
to
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1000

then reboot.
Verify swap file size with

swapon -s
or run
n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -s

/Basil n7nix


Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are
much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found
the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz The ./configure runs fine and
doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the
end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing
flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi. I did un
comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt
package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude
install build-essentials" and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch
current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and
install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions
of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,


Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Gayland Gump
 

I suspect that the amount of increase needed was far below what Basil threw out.  I went with 512 and even at the time was thinking that it was probably excessive.  Like I said, I suspect that 256 MB would probably ample and maybe even excessive but since I didn't try it at that level I can't confirm that it would work.  The practical impact of changing to 1000 as I understand it you are allocating about a 1 GB of storage on the SD card to swap space which I believe would rarely ever be required.  On the other hand, what do I know.
Gayland
KG7GCF


On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 5:12 PM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Gayland

Basil also said to increase the swapfile size. It was set at 100 his advise was to set it to 1000. I did that and the build for fldigi-4.1.01 worked fine no errors this time in the compile.  So now I have fldigi-4.1.01 working and will add FLMSG and the stable release of FLAMP.

Thanks for the help.

Joe K3JV

On 3/26/2019 11:51 PM, Gayland Gump wrote:
I just did a build on the latest stretch raspbian of the a current version of fldigi.  It was necessary to increase the swap space on the current system to get a successful build.  The default swap appears to be 100, I assume MB, I bumped it to 512 which was probably excessive, 256 might have been way more reasonable but that is just a guess on my part.

Gayland
KG7GCF


On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 7:18 PM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz  The ./configure runs fine and doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi.
I did un comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude install build-essentials"  and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases? 

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,

Thanks,
K3JV


Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Joseph Vilardo
 

Gayland

Basil also said to increase the swapfile size. It was set at 100 his advise was to set it to 1000. I did that and the build for fldigi-4.1.01 worked fine no errors this time in the compile.  So now I have fldigi-4.1.01 working and will add FLMSG and the stable release of FLAMP.

Thanks for the help.

Joe K3JV

On 3/26/2019 11:51 PM, Gayland Gump wrote:
I just did a build on the latest stretch raspbian of the a current version of fldigi.  It was necessary to increase the swap space on the current system to get a successful build.  The default swap appears to be 100, I assume MB, I bumped it to 512 which was probably excessive, 256 might have been way more reasonable but that is just a guess on my part.

Gayland
KG7GCF


On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 7:18 PM Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz  The ./configure runs fine and doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi.
I did un comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude install build-essentials"  and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases? 

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,

Thanks,
K3JV


Re: Cant compile fldigi on Beta9 #fldigi

Basil Gunn
 

What repository are you using to get 4.1.02.29?
4.1.02.29 is a test release of the .02 version that has an added feature
or features and not yet verified as fully functional. Dave W1HKJ makes
them available for those that want to try them and report what results
they get.

I found them here http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha.
Thanks. I probably will not include alpha version on the DRAWS image.

Next I will try your suggestion and use the script
"n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh" and n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -u to update
to the latest stable versions.
You need to increase the swap file before you run the update since it
compiles fldigi.

From a learning point of view I will also try editing the swap file and
try to build the latest alpha of fldigi from source.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks Basil,

Joe K3JV



I use the script at n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh to show the latest
versions of all the hf HAM programs on the DRAWS image. You can use
hf_verchk.sh -u to update all the hf programs to their current
version. They change weekly.

Before you build from source you will need to increase the swap file
size in config file: /etc/dphys-swapfile

Change CONF_SWAPSIZE=100
to
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1000

then reboot.
Verify swap file size with

swapon -s
or run
n7nix/hfprogs/hf_verchk.sh -s

/Basil n7nix


Joseph Vilardo via Groups.Io <jvilardo=verizon.net@groups.io> writes:

The DRAWS beta 9 image comes with FLDIGI-4.0.18 installed. There are
much newer FLDIGI release available so I tried to compile and install
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 and that failed. I downloaded the
FLDIGI-4.1.02.29.tar.gz to /usr/local/src directory where I also found
the original fldigi-4.0.18.tar.gz The ./configure runs fine and
doesn't show any errors. The "make" command produces an error at the
end of its compile. I was successful in compiling and installing
flamp-2.22.05.12 using the procedure I followed for fldigi. I did un
comment sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list and up dated the apt
package cache with sudo "aptitude update". I also updated "aptitude
install build-essentials" and "aptitude build-dep fldigi"

Has anyone had success with beta 9 and the new fldigi releases?

Following the described procedure above on a plain Raspbian Stretch
current release on a different PI 3B+ I was able to compile and
install FLDIGI-4.1.02.29 without issue.

I am looking for some guidance on how to get the more recent versions
of fldigi installed and operating on DRAWS,