UDRC with both fldigi and direwolf

John Spoonhower

I have a nicely working Packet Igate currently running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a UDRC-II, Direwolf 1.3 and the latest Compass build. The Wiki for the installation is pretty explicit about not using the libasound libraries ; "sudo apt-mark hold libasound2 libasound2-data" (from the Wiki). I want to also install fldigi and perhaps, WSJT-X on this same Pi, but the installation calls for Portaudio that depends on the libasound libraries. Are these 2 installations incompatible? Can I get these all the work on the same Raspberry Pi 3?

73, John, NX2I

Corky

John, sorry for the confusion. The hold for the libasound libraries is no longer required (at least I have not used it and all is working fine. 

You can load fldigi, and WSJT-X on the pi, but you will only be able to use one application at a time as each of them (Direwolf, Fldigi, and WSJT-X) seem to need full control of the UDRC. While I have fully tested fldigi with the versions that were current as of this past Monday (updated instructions are on the NW Digital Radio web side wiki), I have not yet tested WSJT-X with the Pi/UDRC combination, though I see no reason why this should not work.

Hope this helps to clear the confusion,
-Corky, AF4PM

On Feb 9, 2018, at 6:36 AM, John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> wrote:

I have a nicely working Packet Igate currently running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a UDRC-II, Direwolf 1.3 and the latest Compass build. The Wiki for the installation is pretty explicit about not using the libasound libraries ; "sudo apt-mark hold libasound2 libasound2-data" (from the Wiki). I want to also install fldigi and perhaps, WSJT-X on this same Pi, but the installation calls for Portaudio that depends on the libasound libraries. Are these 2 installations incompatible? Can I get these all the work on the same Raspberry Pi 3?

73, John, NX2I

John Spoonhower

Corky,
thanks for the information. I understand the restriction on one application at a time.
I'll remove the restriction on libasound and see how the rest goes.
Again, thanks for the prompt reply!!
73, John

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Corky Searls <af4pm@...> wrote:
John, sorry for the confusion. The hold for the libasound libraries is no longer required (at least I have not used it and all is working fine. 

You can load fldigi, and WSJT-X on the pi, but you will only be able to use one application at a time as each of them (Direwolf, Fldigi, and WSJT-X) seem to need full control of the UDRC. While I have fully tested fldigi with the versions that were current as of this past Monday (updated instructions are on the NW Digital Radio web side wiki), I have not yet tested WSJT-X with the Pi/UDRC combination, though I see no reason why this should not work.

-Corky, AF4PM

73, John, NX2I

I have compiled and run WSJT-X with CAT control for PTT 

On Feb 9, 2018 07:01, "Corky Searls" <af4pm@...> wrote:

-Corky, AF4PM

73, John, NX2I

John Spoonhower

OK, this did not go well. 
I removed the restriction on libasound2 and libasound2-data with "sudo apt-mark unhold  libasound2 and libasound2-data". Then did sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade to install the latest libraries.
Now direwolf is broken and reports:

pi@compass:~ $ direwolf
Dire Wolf version 1.3
Includes optional support for:  gpsd
Reading config file direwolf.conf
Audio input device for receive: plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0  (channel 0)
Audio out device for transmit: ARATE  (channel 0)
Could not set hw params
Invalid argument
for plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 input.
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ARATE
Could not open audio device ARATE for output
No such file or directory
Pointless to continue without audio device.

so now what do I do??
73, NX2I, John

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

-Corky, AF4PM

73, John, NX2I

John Spoonhower

Please disregard my prior note. I found the problem in direwolf.conf.
NX2I

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM, John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> wrote:
OK, this did not go well. 
I removed the restriction on libasound2 and libasound2-data with "sudo apt-mark unhold  libasound2 and libasound2-data". Then did sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade to install the latest libraries.
Now direwolf is broken and reports:

pi@compass:~ $ direwolf
Dire Wolf version 1.3
Includes optional support for:  gpsd
Reading config file direwolf.conf
Audio input device for receive: plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0  (channel 0)
Audio out device for transmit: ARATE  (channel 0)
Could not set hw params
Invalid argument
for plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 input.
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ARATE
Could not open audio device ARATE for output
No such file or directory
Pointless to continue without audio device.

so now what do I do??
73, NX2I, John

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

-Corky, AF4PM

73, John, NX2I

samrock@...

How did you compile direwolf with CM108 support?   I can't seam to locate any instruction.  

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 10:11 PM <samrock@...> wrote:
How did you compile direwolf with CM108 support?   I can't seam to locate any instruction.  

--

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

samrock@...

Sorry I over looked the UDRC in the topic..