Topics

UDRC II DR-1X firmware 1.00b #udrc-ii #12vsupply #barrelconnector

El Erby

Can I update the firmware to 1.10 from 1.00b?  Where can I get the firmware?

Thanks,

K4DJL

VE3MIC

DR-1x firmware has 2 upgrade "paths". In short, you can only D.I.Y..update firmware for the same path. v1,1x can be updated to newer v1.1x versions, and v1.0x versions can be updated to newer v1.0x versions.. For your V1.00b DR-1x, the latest is v1.00n.

For a period of time, those wishing to update their v1.0x DR-1x  to v1.1x  could send it to Yaesu Service in California. I'm not sure if they are still performing these upgrades or if you now have to "Trade Up". I'd suggest contacting Yaesu Service directly if this is what you'd like to do

From the DR-1x Yaesu web site:

Please use the appropriated new firmware to provide the listed functions: V1.00n Replaces any firmware versions, other than V1.10D and V1.00f. Provides Wide-FM operation

73 de Mike

On Monday, August 13, 2018, 3:02:19 p.m. EDT, El Erby <ELErby@...> wrote:

Can I update the firmware to 1.10 from 1.00b?  Where can I get the firmware?

Thanks,

K4DJL

Johnny

With this upgrade, would you loose Dstar operation?

On Aug 13, 2018, at 10:56 PM, VE3MIC via Groups.Io <ve3mic@...> wrote:

DR-1x firmware has 2 upgrade "paths". In short, you can only D.I.Y..update firmware for the same path. v1,1x can be updated to newer v1.1x versions, and v1.0x versions can be updated to newer v1.0x versions.. For your V1.00b DR-1x, the latest is v1.00n.

For a period of time, those wishing to update their v1.0x DR-1x  to v1.1x  could send it to Yaesu Service in California. I'm not sure if they are still performing these upgrades or if you now have to "Trade Up". I'd suggest contacting Yaesu Service directly if this is what you'd like to do

From the DR-1x Yaesu web site:

Please use the appropriated new firmware to provide the listed functions: V1.00n Replaces any firmware versions, other than V1.10D and V1.00f. Provides Wide-FM operation

73 de Mike
On Monday, August 13, 2018, 3:02:19 p.m. EDT, El Erby <ELErby@...> wrote:

Can I update the firmware to 1.10 from 1.00b?  Where can I get the firmware?

Thanks,

K4DJL

El Erby

Mike,

Thank you for your response. I will give 1.00n firmware a try.

El

El Erby

Johnny,

I hope it does not loose Dstar.

El

What are you planning to run.

D-STAR Only
D-STAR/Analog
D-STAR/Fusion
D-STAR/Fusion/Analog

The first 2 and possibly the 3rd can be supported under firmware 1.00, the 4th requires 1.10

You can do 1.00 upgrades yourself.  Going to 1.10 has required a trip to Yaesu but be careful with that.  Once you 1.10 upgrades can be performed within the series.

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-Setup-for-the-Yaesu-DR-1X-Repeater  -- we have done no testing of other firmware and not sure if a repeater was upgraded at this point, if the firmware would defeat D-STAR (as has been done for the DR-2X).

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM, El Erby <ELErby@...> wrote:
Johnny,

I hope it does not loose Dstar.

El

VE3MIC

Hi Johnny. Not at all. I've been running v1.00n for some time -so no issues there. And there is an advantage in running the v1.1x firmware. It permits C4FM(Fusion) as well as D-STAR, and analogue(regular) FM. I had forgot to mention that both firmware forks/paths are available from the Yaesu site. Just navigate from the main page to 'Digital', then scroll to the right over to DR-1x. Click on the 'Files' tab.
73 de Mike

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Johnny
<w5pfr@...> wrote:
With this upgrade, would you loose Dstar operation?

On Aug 13, 2018, at 10:56 PM, VE3MIC via Groups.Io <ve3mic@...> wrote:

DR-1x firmware has 2 upgrade "paths". In short, you can only D.I.Y..update firmware for the same path. v1,1x can be updated to newer v1.1x versions, and v1.0x versions can be updated to newer v1.0x versions.. For your V1.00b DR-1x, the latest is v1.00n.

For a period of time, those wishing to update their v1.0x DR-1x  to v1.1x  could send it to Yaesu Service in California. I'm not sure if they are still performing these upgrades or if you now have to "Trade Up". I'd suggest contacting Yaesu Service directly if this is what you'd like to do

From the DR-1x Yaesu web site:

Please use the appropriated new firmware to provide the listed functions: V1.00n Replaces any firmware versions, other than V1.10D and V1.00f. Provides Wide-FM operation

73 de Mike
On Monday, August 13, 2018, 3:02:19 p.m. EDT, El Erby <ELErby@...> wrote:

Can I update the firmware to 1.10 from 1.00b?  Where can I get the firmware?

Thanks,

K4DJL

El Erby

Howdy John,

I guess we'll be doing D-Star and analog.

El.