DRAWS Board Connectors

Randy Neals <randy@...>

Hi,

I'm looking at the technical docs and trying to decipher what connectors I'm going to need to interface a DRAWS board for DC Power and I/O...
Would someone take a look at this and see if my guesses are accurate?

Power:
Schematic says XHRA-2
Decoding that, it seems like that's a JST XH Series, right-angle 2 pin.
Would this work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZZH2ZQ/

I/O:
Schematic says HDR-8
Looks like a 2x4 2.54mm (.100") pitch
Would this work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X77GSZE/

Radio:
6 pin mini-din
Connector for cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LE8G56
Pre-Made Cable (Shielded): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J1LEZK/
Pre-Made Cable (Cheaper): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TZCTEE/

GPS:
SMA, but you have GPS antennas available.
But something like this seems like to work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXRQY9A/

de W3RWN
Randy
Seattle, WA

DRAWS comes with a 6” Pigtail for the Power Connector as shown in the picture.

2 Mini DIN6 Cables are also supplied.

The Accessory Connector is a standard ).1” Dual Row male Header so you can use IDC Jumper or Crimp Sockets with a housing.

The SMA is standard Polarity and mates directly with the GPS Antenna.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Daniel Corwin

link to cheap mini-din 6 male to male cables... I bought a bunch to cut up and modify for non-standard radios a while ago when I made my first isolated interface.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=522&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi8fdBRCVARIsAEkDvnIiGfoIZrHkk3DNqbcPFvDyF2DqvhZ643CdmzeppLm0518qMvPya3saAphYEALw_wcB

As mentioned earlier by K7UDR, a couple of MM Mini DIN-6 cables are included.

If second sourced, make sure all 6 lines are wired straight through, some are not.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 3:14 PM <KD2BBW@...> wrote:
link to cheap mini-din 6 male to male cables... I bought a bunch to cut up and modify for non-standard radios a while ago when I made my first isolated interface.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=522&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi8fdBRCVARIsAEkDvnIiGfoIZrHkk3DNqbcPFvDyF2DqvhZ643CdmzeppLm0518qMvPya3saAphYEALw_wcB

ac8dg@...

I see the L-1 and L-2 audio paths from the two 6-pin mini-din jacks which support two radios.  Does the aux  A-in provide for third radio connection ?

Basil Gunn

I see the L-1 and L-2 audio paths from the two 6-pin mini-din jacks
which support two radios. Does the aux A-in provide for third radio
connection ?
The TI TLV320aic3204 is a stereo audio CODEC which means it has 2
channels so you can control 2 radios. On the mDin6 connectors there is
one pin for packet transmission (pin 1) & two pins for receiving. Pin 4
is for 9600 bps (and greater) ie. signal prior to the de-emphasis
circuit, and pin 5 is for 1200 bps which on most radios provides
de-emphasis to the received signal.

On the Auxiliary connector Ain2 & Ain3 are 2 input channels of the TLA2024 12
bit ADC for voltage checking, temperature measurement etc.

/Basil n7nix

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

Is this the correct power cable connector?On the reviews it said that it was not cable that was pictured.

Thank's

Tim

DRAWS ships with a 6” Power pigtail.

On Nov 19, 2018, at 9:00 PM, Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...> wrote:

Is this the correct power cable connector?On the reviews it said that it was not cable that was pictured.

Thank's

Tim

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

Thank You
Tim

Hi Randy,
Have you ever received a reply for ths question?
I'm looking for the female HDR4X2  to work on the Accessory Connector of the DRAWS board.
He Amazon link looks promising, but I'm on the verge of spending the $12 to get and try it out
if I can't find anyone that knows for sure.
I've checked Mouser, digi-key etc but nothing comes up.

Thanks  73
Don WB5EKU
Los Angeles