Virtual audio device with URDC-II and Direwolf on Compass #udrc-ii

ml000-0013@...

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue with virtual ALSA devices and Direwolf.  I'm aware that virtual devices are experimental, and my config works properly when using the hardware device instead of the virtual device:

root@hammy:~# cd; /usr/local/bin/direwolf -t 0 -q h -p

Dire Wolf version 1.5 (Sep 22 2018) Beta Test 4

Reading config file direwolf.conf

Audio device for both receive and transmit: subdin6(channel 0)

Channel 0: 1200 baud, AFSK 1200 & 2200 Hz, E+, 44100 sample rate / 3.

Ready to accept AGW client application 0 on port 8000 ...

Ready to accept KISS TCP client application 0 on port 8001 ...

Virtual KISS TNC is available on /dev/pts/12

Created symlink /tmp/kisstnc -> /dev/pts/12

[0L] KG7WFV>BEACON:KG7WFV/R KG7WFV-4/N SWHDBY/N KG7WFV-10/WL2K SWRMS/WL2K

Audio write error: File descriptor in bad state

Audio write error: File descriptor in bad state

Audio write error: File descriptor in bad state

Audio write error: File descriptor in bad state

Direwolf appears to work fine for receiving, and the first transmission actually works properly.  On the second transmission, I receive the error above and direwolf keys the radio with dead air.  I rolled back to version 1.4 of direwolf to confirm this error was still present in that version as well.  My setup includes a UDRC-II, RPi 3, and Compass Lite 20180701 .  I'm using the asound.conf configuration found here a minimal direwolf config.

  Thanks
  Mike