Topics

Compas File

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:
Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

That is 'once it is unzipped'

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 17:12 John D Hays - K7VE <john@... wrote:
It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:
Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

I tried that and for some reason no luck,I know the card is good because I reformatted loaded pi image back on it and it works.So not sure what's going on I even tried it on laptop that has Windows 7 on it.

Thank's

TIM
KE4HGP

It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:
Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

Please provide a step by step of your download to burn. Filename, size, program, etc.  What messages are you getting?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 17:16 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:
[...]

Basil Gunn

I tried that and for some reason no luck,I know the card is good
because I reformatted loaded pi image back on it and it works. So not
sure what's going on I even tried it on laptop that has Windows 7 on
it.
Most likely you are not waiting long enough for the buffered writes to
finish. If you are doing this on a Linux system try this:

time dcfldd if=2018-11-18-compass.img of=<Your_flash_device_name> bs=4M status=progress
sync

I prefer U.S. Department of Defense Computer Forensics Lab version of dd
dcfldd.

Send us your console output.

/Basil n7nix

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

This is the Error I get after the Burn

Thank’s

Tim

It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:

Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

Error I get before etcher.

Thank’s

Tim

It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:

Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

This looks like an etcher problem,  I would try uninstalling and reinstalling etcher or try http://www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-operating-systems/win32diskimager  and/or redownload and unzip the image from http://archive.compasslinux.org/images/image_2018-11-18-compass.zip

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 5:57 PM Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...> wrote:

Error I get before etcher.

Thank’s

Tim

It is the same procedure and nce it is unzipped.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 16:40 Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@... wrote:

Need a little help on this one,trying to get my PI3B+ setup so when the DRAWS arrives I will be ready.Having trouble burning the file to SD card and getting to to run on PI.I can burn Rasbian files and noobs and get them to boot and run butt when I try the compass image no luck.What am I doing wrong.Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank's

Tim
KE4HGP

Tim Carroll <tcarroll4@...>

That’s what it was,deleted etcher downloaded new version and Bam.

Thank’s

Tim