Topics

UDRC-II Direwolf

I have AX25-tools and Direwolf installed from N7NIX scripts. I have added to that AX25-apps.  All seems to work well.  I have the UDRC-II connected to the radio through the Din6 connection.  I would like to operate at both 1200 baud and 9600 baud packet. Can I do that with only one radio or do I need to have two radios as I do with my KPC-9612?  I have been able to work either 1200 baud or 9600 baud but have not figured out a way to work either on one radio.
Thanks for the help.
Rich, KR4PI

Kenny Richards

Rich,

For all of the radios I've used at 9600 baud, you always have to tell the radio to feed the audio to the 9600 pin. I've never tested this, but I assume that means there is no signal sent to the 1200 pin when using the 9600 output.  So to operate 1200 and 9600 baud, you couldn't use the two pins on the UDRC-II, without having some method of flipping modes on the radio.

73,

Kenny, KU7M

1200 baud will generally work with the radio in the 9600 baud position.

Using experimental virtual alsa ports, I have gotten both working in parallel but that is likely frowned upon when using a single frequency.

There is no technical support for these configurations.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018, 12:12 Kenny Richards <kenny@... wrote:

Rich,

For all of the radios I've used at 9600 baud, you always have to tell the radio to feed the audio to the 9600 pin. I've never tested this, but I assume that means there is no signal sent to the 1200 pin when using the 9600 output.  So to operate 1200 and 9600 baud, you couldn't use the two pins on the UDRC-II, without having some method of flipping modes on the radio.

73,

Kenny, KU7M

Joseph Vilardo

I followed the install directions for DIREWOLF for the UDRC II on the  DRAWS HAT. Install completed ok but there was no direwolf.conf file to edit?

Here is a sample direwolf.conf to get you started, switch CALLSIGN to your callsign, and get APRS-IS login number for IGLOGIN (google search will help).  Use the User Guide at https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/tree/master/doc to update other values and settings.  This configuration assumes you have GPSD running so that TBEACON uses your current position information. Otherwise use PBEACON (see documentation)

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

ARATE 96000

ACHANNELS 2

CHANNEL 0

MYCALL CALLSIGN-1

MODEM 1200

PTT GPIO 12

TBEACON delay=1 sendto=0 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 0 1200" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

DIGIPEAT 0 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

CHANNEL 1

MYCALL CALLSIGN-2

MODEM 9600

PTT GPIO 23

TBEACON delay=1 sendto=2 every=1 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 1 9600" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

DIGIPEAT 1 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

IGSERVER noam.aprs2.net

IGLOGIN CALLSIGN 99999

TBEACON sendto=IG delay=1 every=60:00 symbol="igate" overlay=R

IGTXLIMIT 6 10

AGWPORT 8000

KISSPORT 8001

GPSD localhost