Topics

fldigi 4.0.18 build failure #fldigi

Art - KC7SDA

currently working with the latest compass distro and trying to build fldigi from the source. its not working and erroring out on me towards the end.

here are the commands I'm running, note i have the source line uncommented so apt will get sources, also $FLDIGICUR is defined in my script file:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi -y
wget -N https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/fldigi-$FLDIGICUR.tar.gz
tar -zxvsf fldigi-$FLDIGICUR.tar.gz
cd fldigi-$FLDIGICUR
./configure
make
it compiles the main part of the program (modems, waterfall, widgets, etc), then it errors out on 'fldigi-confdialog.o' module.

anyone else have this problem? any suggestions as to how to fix it?  I'm trying a few other things while I wait for answers, next up will be grabbing .17 and trying that.

73
Art

Roderick Wayne Hart Sr.

You are probably missing a library. Make sure all of the prerequisite lib files are loaded and recompile after doing a 'make clean'.

On December 8, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Art - KC7SDA <nouse4anick@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

When you run `./configure` it will have some useful output that may/may not tell you what it is that you are missing.  You can run `./configure` as many times as you want to figure out what is missing.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM Roderick Wayne Hart Sr. <rod.hart@...> wrote:

[...]

If you go to the message board and search for the hashtag of a topic like #fldigi it can find marked articles like

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/2072

Art - KC7SDA

so to be clear this script I'm working on is the same script that I've been using for years on my udrc, I did finally get it to compile, I had it static link the libraries (./configure --enable-static) and it seemed to go just fine.

I added in a bunch of libraries as well, I hope to get down to the root cause though and get a script together so the local hams in my area can just run it and have it work (I'm also adding shortcuts to the desktop and pre-loading config files for fldigi and direwolf so minimal configuration is required).

I'll keep testing and see where it gets me.

73
Art