No Transmit Audio #draws #direwolf #xastir

Jack Spitznagel

All,

I have got things configured to receive in direwolf. Xastir shows heard stations on the map using the direwolf AGW interface. DRAWS UDRC parms were fine adjusted by the bash script and fine adjustment done as described by Basil and Brian. So far, so good.

BUT Have tried repeatedly to get transmit (from direwolf) with both FT817 and IC7000 radios. Direwolf is set up (and tries) to digipeat a packet from my Kenwood D-74 handheld. All either rig does is to key up very briefly, but transmit no audio in spite of alsamixer adjustments to LO Driver Gain and PCM level. No increase/decrease helps. I have spent way too much time chasing my tail on this problem (3 days).

I have: swapped DIN cables, made sure they were seated, swapped ports on the DRAWS board, and reinstalled the image from the ground up... no success.

Was thinking to try to generate sound with fldigi, but it crashes immediately as I exit the configuration. Now I am generally suspicious of something "deep" misconfigured, or a problem with board itself. It is tempting tempted to try a clean compile of fldigi, but experiences so far, worried I will run into the same issue with it too?

Any suggestions that might help peel the onion and get DRAWS transmitting sound would be gladly received.

--
Jack Spitznagel
Science River LLC

share your direwolf.conf file (remove IGLOGIN if set) and let us have a look.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:
[...]

John,

As I recall, I did nothing to change the main settings already there, just added MYCALL for the 2 ports and the IGLOGIN call and passcode:

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

ARATE 48000

ACHANNELS 2

#Port 0

CHANNEL 0

MYCALL KD4IZ-2

MODEM 1200

PTT GPIO 12

#Port 1

CHANNEL 1

MYCALL KD4IZ-3

MODEM 9600

PTT GPIO 23

AGWPORT 8000

KISSPORT 8001

TBEACON delay=1 sendto=0 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 0 1200" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

TBEACON delay=1 sendto=1 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 1 9600" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

DIGIPEAT 0 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

DIGIPEAT 1 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

DIGIPEAT 0 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

DIGIPEAT 1 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

IGSERVER northwest.aprs2.net

#IGLOGIN YOUR INTERNET LOGIN AND PASSCODE FOR APRS REPORTING

IGLOGIN xxxxx #####

TBEACON sendto=IG delay=1 every=60:00 symbol="igate" overlay=R

IGTXLIMIT 6 10

GPSD localhost

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking at it.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

[...]

J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

BUT Have tried repeatedly to get transmit (from direwolf) with both FT817 and IC7000 radios. Direwolf is set up (and tries) to digipeat a packet from my Kenwood D-74 handheld. All either rig does is to key up very briefly, but transmit no audio in spite of alsamixer adjustments to LO Driver Gain and PCM level.
That sounds like you are transmitting at 9600 baud. Is that
intentional? A brief burst of static is what you'll hear.

Bill

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Bill,

I thought of that, but it happened from both 1200 and 9600 ports - there is no sound, not even noise. I know what the 9600 bursts sound like... years ago, I ran an Ottawa PI card.

KD4IZ
Jack Spitznagel
FM19oo

BUT Have tried repeatedly to get transmit (from direwolf) with both FT817 and IC7000 radios. Direwolf is set up (and tries) to digipeat a packet from my Kenwood D-74 handheld. All either rig does is to key up very briefly, but transmit no audio in spite of alsamixer adjustments to LO Driver Gain and PCM level.
That sounds like you are transmitting at 9600 baud. Is that
intentional? A brief burst of static is what you'll hear.

Bill

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC