Topics

APRS digipeater doing fine with compass beta-5 version

Bernard f6bvp

Hi,
I downloaded last available compass beta version today and installed it (beta 5).
Just plugged DRAWS hat on RPi 3B+, connected Din6 cable into left din6 plug and YAESU FT-7900 and set APRS frequency.
Starting direwolf -t 0 allowed immediate display of APRS trafic.
After editing direwolf.conf for BEACON to advertize my location and direwolf started digipeating APRS packets.

Some remarks about CARD name and din6 identification labelling:

aplay -l displays harware plugHW: CARD=udrc, DEV=0

Same for direwolf and n7nix/deviation/measure_deviate.sh in the menu and at various places
instead of DRAWS.

measure_deviate uses by default LEFT din6 (audio channel 0) that he advertizes as connector hd15 and PTT gpio 12
Same with option measure_deviate -c hd15
Starting measure_deviate -c din6
activates RIGHT din6 plug  (audio channel 1) using PTT gpio 23

Using HD15 may confuse new DRAWS customers for there is no such plug.

Bernard

Basil Gunn

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for bringing this up. I will fix measure_deviate.sh so that it
uses left & right to describe the connectors without regard to what
connector type they are.

I believe the card name comes from the udrc driver in
/usr/src/udrc-1.0.4 and installed with apt-get install udrc-dkms.
I also believe that driver supports all the NW Digital HATS including
DRAWS that use the tlv320aic32x4 sound codec.

I expect Anna to correct me if I am wrong.

When I grep that driver its name is ".name=udrc" and that's what gets
displayed with aplay -l & used in the direwolf config

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

So what you are seeing with udrc is a card or device name that supports
UDRC, UDRC II & DRAWS and that name is unlikely to change as long as the
tlv320aic codec is used by these Hats.

/Basil