Topics

Compatible case, heat sink, and fans?

Patrick - KJ4MUB <ptwaugh@...>

What Raspberry Pi 3B+ case do you use with the DRAWS HAT?

Also, what heat sinks/fan fits?

Warm regards,

73’s Patrick

K3BBG - Branson, Missouri
Tri-Lakes ARC Member

A custom case is under development, it will be available after the new year.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM Patrick - KJ4MUB <ptwaugh@...> wrote:
What Raspberry Pi 3B+ case do you use with the DRAWS HAT?

Also, what heat sinks/fan fits?

Warm regards,

73’s Patrick

K3BBG - Branson, Missouri
Tri-Lakes ARC Member

Gayland Gump

Make sure it has room for a fan!

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 10:29 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
A custom case is under development, it will be available after the new year.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 10:25 PM Patrick - KJ4MUB <ptwaugh@...> wrote:
What Raspberry Pi 3B+ case do you use with the DRAWS HAT?

Also, what heat sinks/fan fits?

Warm regards,

73’s Patrick

K3BBG - Branson, Missouri
Tri-Lakes ARC Member

Fred Meier <fsmeier@...>

Good morning Patrick.

Good one, ‘Warm regards’. Great question, good humor.

Merry Christmas all.

73, Fred VE7FMN

What Raspberry Pi 3B+ case do you use with the DRAWS HAT?

Also, what heat sinks/fan fits?

Warm regards,

73’s Patrick

K3BBG - Branson, Missouri
Tri-Lakes ARC Member

Robert Sears

Edited

I don't see the need for a fan on a R-Pi,  even the need for a heatsink is debatable.

You are limited by the Pi-Hat as far as heat sink height.

Fred Meier <fsmeier@...>

IMHO, every microprocessor benefits from improved cooling. The more the processors are enclosed in cases and by add ons, the more important supplemental cooling becomes.

I don't see the need for a fan on a R-Pi,  even the need for a heatsink is debatable.

You are limited by the Pi-Hat as far as heat sink height.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

I, too, am a fan of cooling.  I have the extend cases with fans for my PiGate and PiGate RMS boxes using the Pi-TNC.

I was hoping the DRAWS would come with the riser pins to I could add the 3.5" screen on top instead of routing the thin cable under and around or needing to use the HDMI port.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access