From: George Privett via Groups.Io <glprivett@...>
To: udrc <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am
Subject: [udrc] Winlink Gateway

Hello,

I just discovered DRAWS and this group.
I was wondering if DRAWS technology/software can be used for setting up an RMS gateway for Winlink - VHF or HF.

Thanks

George VY1GP

Basil Gunn

WINLINK does not run on the Pi.
Can you qualify this statement for me please.
Linux RMS Gateway is installed on the DRAWS image as well as
paclink-unix.

I was wondering if DRAWS technology/software can be used for setting up an RMS gateway for Winlink - VHF or HF.
Linux RMS Gateway is installed on the image for DRAWS.

This is a link to a Table of Installed Programs

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/IMAGE_README.md

/Basil

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Sure........

What I meant was the WinLink that most of us already use on our PCs as an RMS Gateway does not run on the Pi. It requires the Windows OS.

As Winlink was the specific software notes in the inquiry, that is why I responded as I did.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

Can you qualify this statement for me please.
Linux RMS Gateway is installed on the DRAWS image as well as
paclink-unix.

/Basil

Hi Ed,

RMS Gateway has been running on Linux for years. We have 5 Active Gateways running on DRAWS in our County. You can access them from a PC using Airmail or Winlink Express. You can access them from a Linux Box using a regular Mail Client and Paclink-Unix.

Basil is on the Dev team for Linux RMS Gateway and Paclink-UNIX

Here’s the Winlink Reference:

Julie McGrew

I'm confident you can make an excellent RMS Gateway using DRAWS.  I ran an RMS Gateway on a Raspberry Pi 3 and a UDRC-II card last year that supported 1200 baud packet / digipeating, 9600 baud packet / digipeating, ARDOP HF, and Pactor 2 and 3 on HF, Telnet, an APRS iGate,` and a BBS.  All this ran on one rpi and did a marvelous job.  Thank you NW Digital, and thank you John Wiseman, G8BPQ.  :)

73,
julie
ac0wn

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Bryan,

Understood (now).  I focused on the initial request of WINLINK and went down the PC pathway.

Ed Bloom
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access