[New post] Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS™ Workstation

k7udr posted: "The DRAWS Workstation Case We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great. As with any "

New post on NW Digital Radio

.

Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS Workstation

by k7udr

The DRAWS Workstation Case

We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great.

As with any new design, there are some minor adjustments that need to be made before production. We are in the process of generating those change orders and they will  be in the hands of our OEM shortly.  This whole process, from change orders, to manufacturing, to delivery, will take approximately 6 weeks.  Look for cases in March.  We will open orders for the case once the production run is initiated.

The MSRP for the case will be $24.95.  As a thank you to our early adopters, we will offer the case for $19.95 for a limited time. (Standard shipping, plus sales taxes for Washington residents will apply.)

We will also announce pricing for the kit and fully assembled versions of the DRAWS Workstation in the coming weeks.  Details to follow.

Power Solution:

After much research, we have settled on a 5.5/2.1 mm Barrel Connector. This is the same connector used by the KPC3+, Elecraft KX3, and other consumer electronics. There are many 12VDC power supplies available with this barrel connector pre-installed. (You may even find a few in your junk box!)

The cases will ship with the panel mount socket which is soldered to the pigtail supplied with the DRAWS board. The first run, early adopters will need to modify the connector on the board slightly to fit in the case; we'll supply an app note. The next, and future, runs will not require any changes.

Powerwerx offers a standard cable to Anderson Powerpoles: DC21ST $7.99

k7udr | February 4, 2019 at 8:57 am | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-1xv

http://nwdigitalradio.com/sample-cases-have-arrived-for-draws-workstation/

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

That looks really good!

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 11:07 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

[...]

Chuck - VA7UL

This looks excellent, and should help keep RF away from the RaspPi.

Will there be provision for a small grounding lug somewhere so i can bond the case to station ground, perhaps just a small extra hole somewhere that would allow me to add a #6 or #8 bolt ??

73!
--
Chuck  -  VA7UL / VA7ULD / VE1CAM

The DC Jack is bonded to the case.

Bryan K7UDR

Mike, N0SO

Will there be one on display at HamCation later this week?

Thanks!
Mike, N0SO

ac8dg@...

Is there a link to order the case ?  Can't find it in the 'shop' section of the website.

From the blog post: "We will open orders for the case once the production run is initiated."

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 2:10 AM <ac8dg@...> wrote:
Is there a link to order the case ?  Can't find it in the 'shop' section of the website.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

To help your production run projections, I will be ordering two.

While not an official early adopter, I do own a DRAWS from an early adopter who chose to sell their unit.
And I purchased an additional unit that is part of this upcoming EOM February batch.

BTW, now that the Pi 3B+ issues have been worked out, my unit is running Xastir just fine "right out of the box."
I will be adding pac-link next to use Channel 1.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

Is there a link to order the case ?  Can't find it in the 'shop' section of the website.

Paul Johnson

Roger that...make that two for me.

Paul VE7DHM

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@verizon.net>
wrote:

To help your production run projections, I will be ordering two.

While not an official early adopter, I do own a DRAWS from an early
adopter who chose to sell their unit.
And I purchased an additional unit that is part of this upcoming
EOM
February batch.

BTW, now that the Pi 3B+ issues have been worked out, my unit is
running
Xastir just fine "right out of the box."
I will be adding pac-link next to use Channel 1.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@verizon.net
Sent from Webmail access

Is there a link to order the case ?  Can't find it in the 'shop'
section
of the website.

--

------------------------------

   <http://k7ve.org/blog>  <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>

Fred Meier <fsmeier@...>

How to get on the early adopter list?

Is there a link to order the case ? Can't find it in the 'shop'
section
of the website.

--

------------------------------

<http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>

Early adopters purchased boards in our first run.  Next run will be generally available.  The discount pricing on the case will not be restricted to only early adopters, but will be for a limited time.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:16 AM Fred Meier <fsmeier@...> wrote:
How to get on the early adopter list?

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 07:06 -0800, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
> Thank you Ed.  We plan a large run of cases, as we believe most
> customers will want one.
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...>
> wrote:
>

> > To help your production run projections, I will be ordering two.
> >
> > While not an official early adopter, I do own a DRAWS from an early
> > adopter who chose to sell their unit.
> > And I purchased an additional unit that is part of this upcoming EOM
> > February batch.
> >
> > BTW, now that the Pi 3B+ issues have been worked out, my unit is
> > running Xastir just fine "right out of the box."
> > I will be adding pac-link next to use Channel 1.
> >
> > Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
> > ewbloom@...
> > Sent from Webmail access

It will be posted here for orders?

Early adopters purchased boards in our first run.  Next run will be generally available.  The discount pricing on the case will not be restricted to only early adopters, but will be for a limited time.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:16 AM Fred Meier <fsmeier@...> wrote:

How to get on the early adopter list?

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 07:06 -0800, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
> Thank you Ed.  We plan a large run of cases, as we believe most
> customers will want one.
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...>
> wrote:
>

> > To help your production run projections, I will be ordering two.
> >
> > While not an official early adopter, I do own a DRAWS from an early
> > adopter who chose to sell their unit.
> > And I purchased an additional unit that is part of this upcoming EOM
> > February batch.
> >
> > BTW, now that the Pi 3B+ issues have been worked out, my unit is
> > running Xastir just fine "right out of the box."
> > I will be adding pac-link next to use Channel 1.
> >
> > Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
> > ewbloom@...
> > Sent from Webmail access

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

Both here and on the blog

It will be posted here for orders?

Early adopters purchased boards in our first run.  Next run will be generally available.  The discount pricing on the case will not be restricted to only early adopters, but will be for a limited time.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:16 AM Fred Meier <fsmeier@...> wrote:

How to get on the early adopter list?

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 07:06 -0800, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
> Thank you Ed.  We plan a large run of cases, as we believe most
> customers will want one.
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...>
> wrote:
>

> > To help your production run projections, I will be ordering two.
> >
> > While not an official early adopter, I do own a DRAWS from an early
> > adopter who chose to sell their unit.
> > And I purchased an additional unit that is part of this upcoming EOM
> > February batch.
> >
> > BTW, now that the Pi 3B+ issues have been worked out, my unit is
> > running Xastir just fine "right out of the box."
> > I will be adding pac-link next to use Channel 1.
> >
> > Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
> > ewbloom@...
> > Sent from Webmail access

<~WRD000.jpg> <~WRD000.jpg> <~WRD000.jpg> <~WRD000.jpg>

Douglas

I noticed in the picture of the case that the two pin connector on the board faces up, mine faces to the side.  Would I need to modify the connector or is there a "fix" for this?

Ryan W Leathers

See the Feb 4 announcement. It states that the early adopter boards will need a modification for this connector to work with the case. It also says an app note will be provided which I take to mean this modification is to be performed by the end user.