#draws #paclink-unix Connected but Timed Out #draws #paclink-unix

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

I am getting connected to the local packet gateway about 6 miles from my QTH using wl2kax25 -c CALLSIGN.
The feedback on the screen indicate that I logged in or passing the proper credentials to access the system

I am getting a packet time out error and my outbound mail does not send.  It does work if I use wl2ktelnet.
Also, same radio & antenna pick up all the APRS traffic when I run Xastir.

At first it was timing out on the Inbound message so I deleted it from my winlink,org account via the webportal.
That did not change the time out. And by deleting in Inbound, the screen shows that it is trying to send the
Outbound message id I see in the wl2k folder.

What else should I be looking at to possible make adjustments?

73s, Ed, KF9FRQ

Basil Gunn

You need to set up deviation for your radio.

Use this as a guide to output a tone for deviation adjustment.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

Also read this
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/DRAWS_ALSA.md

When you have problems please include the console output so I can see
the console command and ALL of it's output.
/Basil

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@verizon.net> writes:

I am getting connected to the local packet gateway about 6 miles from my QTH using wl2kax25 -c CALLSIGN.
The feedback on the screen indicate that I logged in or passing the proper credentials to access the system

I am getting a packet time out error and my outbound mail does not send. It does work if I use wl2ktelnet.
Also, same radio & antenna pick up all the APRS traffic when I run Xastir.

At first it was timing out on the Inbound message so I deleted it from my winlink,org account via the webportal.
That did not change the time out. And by deleting in Inbound, the screen shows that it is trying to send the
Outbound message id I see in the wl2k folder.

What else should I be looking at to possible make adjustments?

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Ah....Thank you.

On 2/11/2019 9:33 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:
[...]

Basil,

Using the DM-135 Mk III notes on the Wiki, I was able to set my deviation and send/receive e-mails.

Thansk again.

Ed, KD9FRQ