#paclink-unix Station List #paclink-unix

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

It is possible to obtain a station list over the air to know "who is out there near me"??

I am thinking of deployment planning.

Basil Gunn

I only know of getting station lists via Winlink Web services.
Go here & scroll down to "Find a nearby RMS Gateway near you - 2 methods"
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/plu/PACLINK-UNIX_INSTALL.md

Your may want to ask that question on the Winlink Programs Group
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/winlink-programs-group

/Basil

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@verizon.net> writes:

It is possible to obtain a station list over the air to know "who is out there near me"??

I am thinking of deployment planning.

Don Poaps

Update channel via radio. It sends a message when you next connect to a Gateway. Wait about 10 min or so, reconnect and you have your update.
73
Don va7dgp

--
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

How does this work?  What freq do I need the radio tuned to so this works?

If this does not work without a known freq, then I need to make this update part of
of the pre-deployment check list.

Ed Bloom
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

Update channel via radio. It sends a message when you next connect to a Gateway. Wait about 10 min or so, reconnect and you have your update.
73
Don va7dgp

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 21:13 Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

I only know of getting station lists via Winlink Web services.
Go here & scroll down to "Find a nearby RMS Gateway near you - 2 methods"
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/plu/PACLINK-UNIX_INSTALL.md

Your may want to ask that question on the Winlink Programs Group
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/winlink-programs-group

/Basil

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ <ewbloom@...> writes:

> It is possible to obtain a station list over the air to know "who is out there near me"??
>
> I am thinking of deployment planning.

--
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

Don Poaps

What’s your local gateway. If you have done that, that’s the starting point. Before I go on a call out with our grab and go kit. I update the channel list. The grid locator will pull the channel needed. I have an app on my smartphone that gives me the madenhead. I use that to pull in the area gateway where I have been sent from the info I got before I left. Gateways don’t change unless their pc bombs out

You can download the cvs file from Winlink.org list and use it in a spreadsheet is one way of keeping track

73

Don va7dgp
--
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC

Winlink: va7qu@...

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Don,

Thank you.  That is what I thought I would have to do before deployment.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access