Topics

How do I change the AGW from Channel 0 to Channel 1 #udrc-ii #direwolf

TG9AOR

Hello all. I am using APRSISCE/32 and whenever I want to send a message, either using KISS or AGW connections, direwolf sends it via channel 0.

I do not have a radio connected to and do not plan to use the HD-15 connector. How do I configure direwolf so that all messages go out via the DIN6 connector?

Thanks.

TG9AOR

TG9AOR

Good morning. Did I post this question in the wrong forum? Is there not a way to change the way direwolf uses the HD-15 connector instead of the miniDIN connector for AGW packet engine use on the UDRC II?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Basil Gunn

TG9AOR <qrz@tg9aor.net> writes:

Is there not a way to change the way direwolf uses the HD-15 connector
instead of the miniDIN connector for AGW packet engine use on the UDRC
II?
The port selection for AGWPE could be different depending on the
application you are configuring. ie. Xastir uses AGWPE transmit
radioport 1,2 that corresponds with direwolf ports 0,1 so if you were
using the HD15 connector you would select Xastir radioport 1 and if you
were using the mDin6 connector you would select Xastir radio port 2.

For a UDRC II:

Looking towards the connectors:
mini din6 connector is on the left
HD 15 connector is on the right

HD15 direwolf channel 0, PTT uses GPIO 12
mDin6 direwolf channel 1, PTT uses GPIO 23

Direwolf config

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

CHANNEL 0
MYCALL <your_callsign>-<some_sid(1-15)>
MODEM 1200
PTT GPIO 12

CHANNEL 1
MYCALL <your_callsign>-<some_sid(1-15)>
MODEM 1200
PTT GPIO 23

/Basil

TG9AOR

Basil, thank you very much for your reply. I will try with XASTIR. I was not successful with APRSICE32.

73 de TG9AOR