Topics

locked My DRAWS arrived, video inside

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

The wiki page is worth 30 words (I counted)... and a picture is worth 1000 words so they say, then this video must be worth at least 1030 words.  So here are my 1030 words on the subject.

I go over receiving the board and burning the image from the command line and also from the GUI using etcher.

Stay Tuned for more!
- Steve, KM9G

Excellent

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019, 12:44 Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:

The wiki page is worth 30 words (I counted)... and a picture is worth 1000 words so they say, then this video must be worth at least 1030 words.  So here are my 1030 words on the subject.

I go over receiving the board and burning the image from the command line and also from the GUI using etcher.

Stay Tuned for more!
- Steve, KM9G

Hirschfh@...

UNDERSTAND VIDEO 1,  WHERE IS THE NEXT PROMISED BOOT UP VIDEO.  IS THE RASPBERRY PI INSTALLED ON THE SD CHIP WHERE I AM ETCHING TO?  OR IS THE SD CHIP BLANK?

THANKS, FRED

Hi Fred,

We are all anxiously awaiting Steve's next installment.

In the meantime, what his video shows is burning the image to a new/blank/reused SD Card.  Once you have the SD card burned and ready to go, the DRAWS™ HAT is mounted to a Raspberry Pi (Any of models 2 through 3+) and the SD card is inserted to the Raspberry Pi for bootup.

 If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse plugged in, you should see the system come up when you power it on.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM Hirschfh via Groups.Io <Hirschfh=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
UNDERSTAND VIDEO 1,  WHERE IS THE NEXT PROMISED BOOT UP VIDEO.  IS THE RASPBERRY PI INSTALLED ON THE SD CHIP WHERE I AM ETCHING TO?  OR IS THE SD CHIP BLANK?

THANKS, FRED

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Next video should be out Friday or Sunday... trying to figure out the best script for it!

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:04 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Hi Fred,

We are all anxiously awaiting Steve's next installment.

In the meantime, what his video shows is burning the image to a new/blank/reused SD Card.  Once you have the SD card burned and ready to go, the DRAWS™ HAT is mounted to a Raspberry Pi (Any of models 2 through 3+) and the SD card is inserted to the Raspberry Pi for bootup.

 If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse plugged in, you should see the system come up when you power it on.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM Hirschfh via Groups.Io <Hirschfh=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
UNDERSTAND VIDEO 1,  WHERE IS THE NEXT PROMISED BOOT UP VIDEO.  IS THE RASPBERRY PI INSTALLED ON THE SD CHIP WHERE I AM ETCHING TO?  OR IS THE SD CHIP BLANK?

THANKS, FRED

Thanks Steve, I am sure you will do a great job, like the 1st one.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:19 AM Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
Next video should be out Friday or Sunday... trying to figure out the best script for it!

Hirschfh@...

John look forward to next video.  Have DRAWS software up and running.  Now to figure out the apps.  Can I directly access the GPS?
Does DRAWS update the Raspberry time from GPS?
Fred Hirsch