Draws #xastir

Don Poaps

I have been playing with the new Draws. I need some pointers in getting the sound to work with Xastir My use of Linux is limited and I'm learning. I know it some setting in direwolf.conf. I did see mycall in the config file.

73

Don va7dgp

pi@GVRD:~ $ dierwolf -p
bash: dierwolf: command not found
pi@GVRD:~ $ dierwolf -c
bash: dierwolf: command not found
pi@GVRD:~ $ direwolf -p
Dire Wolf DEVELOPMENT version 1.6 B (Feb 27 2019)
Includes optional support for:  gpsd hamlib

pi@GVRD:~ $ aplay -l
card 0: udrc [udrc], device 0: Universal Digital Radio Controller tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Reading config file direwolf.conf
Audio device for both receive and transmit: plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0  (channels 0 & 1)
Could not open audio device plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 for input
Device or resource busy
Pointless to continue without

Basil Gunn

Don,

First you need to enable the RPi on-board sound device in
/boot/config.txt. Not sure why we don't do that by default. Then use
the proper device in Xastir. I have some notes here:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/xastir#configure-audio

The wav files should already be installed in /usr/share/xastir/sounds.

What are you using for a sound device? Is it built into an LCD display
or is it a powered speaker?

Getting sound to work in Xastir has nothing to do with direwolf.

/Basil