Xastir/gpsd Update #draws #gpsd #xastir #config

Until Basil has a chance to add the updated Xastir, a prog_update won't update your install.

The only path right now is to build from source.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:21 PM Edward Seeliger <eseeliger@...> wrote:
I attempted to use ~/n7nix/bin/prog_refresh.sh script to update programs.
FLDIGI builds and updates but XASTIR fails.

XASTIR -V is an invalid option (and XASTIR -v sets the debug level).
./xs_verchk.sh detects XASTIR versions are different but fails to update

./xs_verchk.sh : line 105  get_source_ver : command not found
Debug : Testing 2.1.1: ver:
2019 04 14 21:08:02 CDT:  xs_verchk.sh: XASTIR update script finished.

I am guessing this part of the script is not yet completed.
Thanks for your work updating XASTIR.
Edd - KD5M

Edward Seeliger

I attempted to use ~/n7nix/bin/prog_refresh.sh script to update programs.
FLDIGI builds and updates but XASTIR fails.

XASTIR -V is an invalid option (and XASTIR -v sets the debug level).
./xs_verchk.sh detects XASTIR versions are different but fails to update

./xs_verchk.sh : line 105  get_source_ver : command not found
Debug : Testing 2.1.1: ver:
2019 04 14 21:08:02 CDT:  xs_verchk.sh: XASTIR update script finished.

I am guessing this part of the script is not yet completed.
Thanks for your work updating XASTIR.
Edd - KD5M

The problem with Xastir accessing gpsd for position data has been identified and a patch has been tested and merged into the Xastir master source on GitHUB.

Thanks to Tom Russo of the Xastir team and Basil from NW Digital Radio for working through this issue.

A install update for the beta images will take a few days to produce.

Thanks to all involved.