Switch Audio

Douglas

While not doing amateur digital, is there a way to switch audio from the hat, to using hdmi port through the speaker on the tv that I am using?  I have tried with the draws hat on and off the board.  I am getting another pi soon.  I would like to also watch some educational videos until the new pi arrives.

The DRAWS™ HAT and built-in Raspberry Pi audio CODECS are separate.

Edit /boot/config.txt and uncomment (near the end)

dtparam=audio=on

Save and reboot.
This will activate the Raspberry Pi's internal audio.

If it still doesn't come out on HDMI -- see

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:07 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
While not doing amateur digital, is there a way to switch audio from the hat, to using hdmi port through the speaker on the tv that I am using?  I have tried with the draws hat on and off the board.  I am getting another pi soon.  I would like to also watch some educational videos until the new pi arrives.

The DRAWS™ HAT and built-in Raspberry Pi audio CODECS are separate.

Edit /boot/config.txt and uncomment (near the end)
Isn't it possible to use both audio devices at the same time?

Save and reboot.
Reboot?? - Is this running windows?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 9:32 AM Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
> The DRAWS™ HAT and built-in Raspberry Pi audio CODECS are separate.
>
> Edit /boot/config.txt and uncomment (near the end)

Isn't it possible to use both audio devices at the same time?

Yes.

> Save and reboot.

Reboot?? - Is this running windows?

There is a kernel loaded driver and configuration.  You might be able to get there from the command line, but this is a onetime setup issue and a reboot is clean.

Douglas

For some reason i am back to the same problem, i can't hear anything out of the tv speakers that i use for a monitor.  I did the above and nothing seems to work.  All the volume controls are up.

Basil Gunn

Cut & paste the console output of

aplay -l

Also send the output of