BETA 12 with fldigi and flrig #draws #beta #flrig

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

I started playing with fldigi - it configured properly and worked except...

flrig fails with a blank stare.(hourglass... then nothing) in the X GUI
When run from the console window see msg: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Shutting down for big thunderstorm... may get to it over weekend. Wisdom?
--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC

Basil Gunn

Hi Jack,

libjpeg.so.9 should have been installed when fldigi was built. I need
to figure out why that did not happen. I may have been too aggressive
with cleaning up files after a build. In the mean time:

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

sudo apt-get install libjpeg9-dev

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so.9 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.9
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

/Basil

I started playing with fldigi - it configured properly and worked except...

flrig fails with a blank stare.(hourglass... then nothing) in the X GUI
When run from the console window see msg: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Shutting down for big thunderstorm... may get to it over weekend. Wisdom?

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Basil,

Life got in the way of doing the patch you suggested last Friday, by the time I could look it over again, your instructions to run the following worked perfectly:

cd

cd bin

./prog_refresh.sh -u

# Will return with something like this:

fldigi:  current version: 4.1.03, installed: 4.1.02 Swap size too small for builds, changed from 100 to 1000 ... need to reboot.

The script detects the swap file size is too small & changes the swap file config file (/etc/dphys-swapfile) to a required size. All you need to do is reboot and run the prog_refresh.sh script again:

cd

cd bin

./prog_refresh.sh -u

This will download and build the current version of FLdigi Be patient, the build takes some time.

Thanks for tracking down the missing chunk. I did have to run the prog_refresh.sh script twice, then go back and reset /etc/dphys-swapfile to 100 from 1000 as you mentioned.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo