From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Waller via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 20:03
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [udrc] Ft 817, wsjt

I’ve found wsjt-x 2.0 and it is running. I can receive and decode FT8 from my 817. I’m having trouble figuring out how to set up rig control. I’d be happy without rig control and just have the wsjt program do ptt but can’t figure out how to configure that either. There are several port selections under PTT which aren’t intuitive to me. I am using the left mini din port and know that there are gpio commands for each mini din. I’m not sure how that helps me in this setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rick Ka4ohm.

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC

Either directly in WSJT-X settings like this (using the correct USB Serial Port and baud rate)
image.png
Or select flrig as the Rig and setup the FT-817 inside of flrig

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:07 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:
Rick,

Configure flrig with fldigi and you can tell wsjt-x to use flrig. Works well here.

Jack - KD4IZ

I’ve found wsjt-x 2.0 and it is running. I can receive and decode FT8 from my 817. I’m having trouble figuring out how to set up rig control. I’d be happy without rig control and just have the wsjt program do ptt but can’t figure out how to configure that either. There are several port selections under PTT which aren’t intuitive to me. I am using the left mini din port and know that there are gpio commands for each mini din. I’m not sure how that helps me in this setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rick Ka4ohm.

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

Richard Waller

Thanks John. Are you saying I need to use a USB port on the Rpi for rig control? I’m using the data port on the 817 to connect to draws hat micro din. Would I use the accessory jack for rig control?