Topics

Reflector 30C RX on ID-5100 from DR-1X Repeater with UDRC Controller

We have just encountered an interesting situation on our repeater. It is a DR-1X repeater with UDRC controller. It  works great for almost everyone, even people with ID-5100's. We have spent quite a bit of time getting the audio settings just right so the ID-5100's receive without difficulty. However this morning we discovered one of our club members with an ID-5100 who has difficulty receiving audio when the repeater is linked to REF030C. When we unlink he receives just fine, When we link to 30C he receives only the first little bit of the transmission and then nothing. He can see on his radio that the repeater is still transmitting but no audio is decoded. Then we unlink REF030C full audio is back. We tested with another reflector REF007C and he does not have this difficulty.

I know the ID-5100 is picky on audio settings and have adjusted for that. He can receive the repeater fine, it is only when REF030C is linked. We have several others with ID-5100's in the club who do not experience this problem. That leads me to believe it is something germane to the one specific ID-5100, but it receives the repeater without issue, just not when 30C is linked. Anyone have any ideas or further troubleshooting we might be able to perform?

Thanks in advance for all the help. It is always fun to solve a mystery.  The UDRC runs great and has been working without issue for several months now.

Rich, KR4PI

John McDonough

On Sat, 2016-11-19 at 08:13 -0800, Rich KR4PI wrote:
We have just encountered an interesting situation on our repeater. It
is a DR-1X repeater with UDRC controller. It  works great for almost
everyone, even people with ID-5100's.
Curious.  I have two 5100's and no audio issues with either.  Now, I
haven't messed with any audio settings on the UDRC; just straight out
of the box whatever the defaults.

DR-1X, UDRC (the old one, not the 2), One 5100 was bought as ver 1.20,
the other 1.10, but both are up to 1.20 firmware.  And REF030C plays
just like any other reflector.

--McD

Nothing changes as far as UDRC transmission when connected to a reflector.

On Nov 19, 2016 08:13, "Rich KR4PI" <rich.schnieders@...> wrote:

[...]

That was my understanding as well, the audio path is the same whether it comes from the repeater input or the reflector. I am at a loss other than there is an issue with the specific ID-5100.

Thanks

Rich, KR4PI

Dan Porter (AI2M)

Missing gateway call sign in the R2 field on his radio?