Topics

UDRC-II and Yaesu 857D.

udrc@...

Hello Group,

2 quick newbie questions.

 1. How does one search the content in groups.io so that I do not do what I am about to do and ask something that someone might have answered.?

2. I have a Yaesu 857D, tuned it to VHF on my local ARES BBS frequency, ran the direwolf set up as directed in the FAQ. Then I Telnetted to the 8001 TCP port to check things out. a "c <bbs callsign>" kinda went into the great silence, and no activity on the radio. Anyone have Yaesu 857D integration advice? (Using the 6 pin DIN)

Nick

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 20/11/16 11:47, @Nellson wrote:
2. I have a Yaesu 857D, tuned it to VHF on my local ARES BBS frequency,
ran the direwolf set up as directed in the FAQ. Then I Telnetted to the
8001 TCP port to check things out. a "c <bbs callsign>" kinda went into
the great silence, and no activity on the radio. Anyone have Yaesu 857D
integration advice? (Using the 6 pin DIN)
Out of interest, if you turn the squelch right down then plug the
UDRC-II in, does the sound cut out?

I found I hit this issue with the FT-897D, and the answer was a pull-up
to 3.3V:
https://stuartl.longlandclan.id.au/blog/2016/11/20/getting-the-udrc-ii-to-play-nice-with-the-yaesu-ft-897d/
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Use the spyglass on the messages screen (Just to the right of the HashTags button.

Inline image 1

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM, <udrc@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

2 quick newbie questions.

 1. How does one search the content in groups.io so that I do not do what I am about to do and ask something that someone might have answered.?

2. I have a Yaesu 857D, tuned it to VHF on my local ARES BBS frequency, ran the direwolf set up as directed in the FAQ. Then I Telnetted to the 8001 TCP port to check things out. a "c <bbs callsign>" kinda went into the great silence, and no activity on the radio. Anyone have Yaesu 857D integration advice? (Using the 6 pin DIN)

Nick

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Urdc@...

1. Figured out how to search! 😬

2. Yes, plugging in the din kills my external speaker, I thought that was strange!

3.  I was really expecting Dire Wolf off to be a full TNC when I saw the "cmd:" prompt, like my Kenwood Radios have. That was a misunderstanding on my part.

I am looking to stay pure RPi, Compass Linux and have Terminal Node BBS access, as well as doing PSK31 and JT-65. For winlink I am kinda hosed unless I run RMS gateway and use a smtp mail client.. but baby steps. :-)