Topics

Getting started with paclink-unix


Keith Williamson
 

Hi,

I have the Beta 13 image installed and did the core configuration. Tested direwolf, fldigi, and rigctl successfully. This morning, I configured paclink-unix via "app_config.sh plu". This completed successfully. On a Win laptop, I had installed Winlink Express just for the purposes of creating and validating my Winlink credentials. That all worked fine and I have sent and received a few messages via the telnet interface.

During the PLU config, I supplied the user (KF7DRV) and password from Winlink Express. However, when I run "wl2ktelnet", I get "secure login failure" along with "B2 protocol error 1":

image.png

I have verified that my "wl2k-password" in /usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf matches Winlink Express.

Any ideas why this is failing?

Keith
KF7DRV




Basil Gunn
 

If your password has upper & lower case letters then you need to get the
latest version of paclink-unix.

cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
git pull
./build-all.sh

Also verify that the password in file:
/usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf

wl2k-password=

is exactly the same as the one you are using in Winlink Express.

Please send me a Winlink message when you have things working:
n7nix@....

/Basil


Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

Hi,

I have the Beta 13 image installed and did the core configuration. Tested
direwolf, fldigi, and rigctl successfully. This morning, I configured
paclink-unix via "app_config.sh plu". This completed successfully. On a Win
laptop, I had installed Winlink Express just for the purposes of creating
and validating my Winlink credentials. That all worked fine and I have sent
and received a few messages via the telnet interface.

During the PLU config, I supplied the user (KF7DRV) and password from
Winlink Express. However, when I run "wl2ktelnet", I get "secure login
failure" along with "B2 protocol error 1":

[image: image.png]

I have verified that my "wl2k-password" in /usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf matches
Winlink Express.

Any ideas why this is failing?

Keith
KF7DRV


Keith Williamson
 

Hi,

Building latest paclink-unix did the trick. Apparently, latest version fixes passwords with multicase and letter/number combinations.

Next step for me is to get the radio involved using auto-rmsgw-find.

Thanks!

Keith
KF7DRV


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

If your password has upper & lower case letters then you need to get the
latest version of paclink-unix.

cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
git pull
./build-all.sh

Also verify that the password in file:
/usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf

wl2k-password=

is exactly the same as the one you are using in Winlink Express.

Please send me a Winlink message when you have things working:
n7nix@....

/Basil


Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have the Beta 13 image installed and did the core configuration. Tested
> direwolf, fldigi, and rigctl successfully. This morning, I configured
> paclink-unix via "app_config.sh plu". This completed successfully. On a Win
> laptop, I had installed Winlink Express just for the purposes of creating
> and validating my Winlink credentials. That all worked fine and I have sent
> and received a few messages via the telnet interface.
>
> During the PLU config, I supplied the user (KF7DRV) and password from
> Winlink Express. However, when I run "wl2ktelnet", I get "secure login
> failure" along with "B2 protocol error 1":
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> I have verified that my "wl2k-password" in /usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf matches
> Winlink Express.
>
> Any ideas why this is failing?
>
> Keith
> KF7DRV




Basil Gunn
 

Building latest paclink-unix did the trick. Apparently, latest version
fixes passwords with multicase and letter/number combinations.
Great! Congrats on getting paclink-unix working!

Next step for me is to get the radio involved using auto-rmsgw-find.
I currently run the the wlgw-check.sh (Winlink Gateway Check) script
from a cron job 4 times a day.

I know the documentation is a little thin so if you have any problems at
all please don't hesitate to ask questions.

/Basil n7nix

Thanks!

Keith
KF7DRV


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM Basil Gunn <@basil860> wrote:


If your password has upper & lower case letters then you need to get the
latest version of paclink-unix.

cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
git pull
./build-all.sh


Keith Williamson
 

Hi Nigel,

More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:

I edited the grid locator in gatewaylist.sh and ran "gatewaylist.sh -l". The list then showed that w7ecg-10 was closest to me. I successfully sent a message using "wl2kax25 -c w7ecg-10"! Woo hoo!

Now the hiccups:

1) I have a message that's stuck in the outbox (/usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox). Each time I run either wl2kax25 or wl2ktelnet, it's resent successfully to my gmail account. When I run "chk_perm.sh", I get "permissions OK: pi:mail" and "1 files in outbox". I originally created the message using Claws mail. Is it OK to just delete the file from /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox? Don't want to do that if there is some meta data in another file tracking it. 

2) When I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", I am seeing an error from rigctl for the set memory index command (E 35). If I run rigctl, I can do set memory index commands for any of the memory channels I have written to using Chirp but not memory channels that haven't been set to anything. So far, I programmed the first 20 memory channels with Chirp. So, "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 20" will work but "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 35" fails. I imagine a workaround would be for me to program something into channel 35 using Chirp (or directly from the radio), and that may fix that. I'll try that next but wanted you to be aware of the issue. I just got this radio but I imagine your V71a's have had many more channels previously programmed so you might not have seen this issue. It would seem that once the set memory index issue is fixed, the wlgw-check script should work. When I did run it I could see it was changing the V71a frequency and transmitting so I think we're really close.

Thanks,

Keith
KF7DRV


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Building latest paclink-unix did the trick. Apparently, latest version
> fixes passwords with multicase and letter/number combinations.

Great! Congrats on getting paclink-unix working!

> Next step for me is to get the radio involved using auto-rmsgw-find.

I currently run the the wlgw-check.sh (Winlink Gateway Check) script
from a cron job 4 times a day.

I know the documentation is a little thin so if you have any problems at
all please don't hesitate to ask questions.

/Basil n7nix

> Thanks!
>
> Keith
> KF7DRV
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
>
>>
>> If your password has upper & lower case letters then you need to get the
>> latest version of paclink-unix.
>>
>> cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
>> git pull
>> ./build-all.sh




Keith Williamson
 

Err..meant "Hi Basil". Not to be confused with "Nigel Gunn" over in the Chirp forums...



On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Nigel,

More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:

I edited the grid locator in gatewaylist.sh and ran "gatewaylist.sh -l". The list then showed that w7ecg-10 was closest to me. I successfully sent a message using "wl2kax25 -c w7ecg-10"! Woo hoo!

Now the hiccups:

1) I have a message that's stuck in the outbox (/usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox). Each time I run either wl2kax25 or wl2ktelnet, it's resent successfully to my gmail account. When I run "chk_perm.sh", I get "permissions OK: pi:mail" and "1 files in outbox". I originally created the message using Claws mail. Is it OK to just delete the file from /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox? Don't want to do that if there is some meta data in another file tracking it. 

2) When I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", I am seeing an error from rigctl for the set memory index command (E 35). If I run rigctl, I can do set memory index commands for any of the memory channels I have written to using Chirp but not memory channels that haven't been set to anything. So far, I programmed the first 20 memory channels with Chirp. So, "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 20" will work but "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 35" fails. I imagine a workaround would be for me to program something into channel 35 using Chirp (or directly from the radio), and that may fix that. I'll try that next but wanted you to be aware of the issue. I just got this radio but I imagine your V71a's have had many more channels previously programmed so you might not have seen this issue. It would seem that once the set memory index issue is fixed, the wlgw-check script should work. When I did run it I could see it was changing the V71a frequency and transmitting so I think we're really close.

Thanks,

Keith
KF7DRV

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Building latest paclink-unix did the trick. Apparently, latest version
> fixes passwords with multicase and letter/number combinations.

Great! Congrats on getting paclink-unix working!

> Next step for me is to get the radio involved using auto-rmsgw-find.

I currently run the the wlgw-check.sh (Winlink Gateway Check) script
from a cron job 4 times a day.

I know the documentation is a little thin so if you have any problems at
all please don't hesitate to ask questions.

/Basil n7nix

> Thanks!
>
> Keith
> KF7DRV
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:17 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
>
>>
>> If your password has upper & lower case letters then you need to get the
>> latest version of paclink-unix.
>>
>> cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
>> git pull
>> ./build-all.sh




Basil Gunn
 

Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

Hi Nigel,
Actaully Basil but I will answer to that as well.
(Nigel Bruce, Basil Rathbone, Sherlock Holmes)

More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:

I edited the grid locator in gatewaylist.sh and ran "gatewaylist.sh -l".
The list then showed that w7ecg-10 was closest to me. I successfully sent a
message using "wl2kax25 -c w7ecg-10"! Woo hoo!
Woo hoo indeed!
I also use rmslist.sh to get the list of gateways to check.

Usage: ./rmslist.sh <integer_distance_in_miles> <maidenhead_grid_square>

Now the hiccups:

1) I have a message that's stuck in the outbox
(/usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox). Each time I run either wl2kax25 or
wl2ktelnet, it's resent successfully to my gmail account. When I run
"chk_perm.sh", I get "permissions OK: pi:mail" and "1 files in outbox". I
originally created the message using Claws mail. Is it OK to just delete
the file from /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox? Don't want to do that if there is
some meta data in another file tracking it.
Yes you can safely delete any file in /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox
You should then delete the message ID data base
/usr/local/var/wl2k/mid.db

Be sure you do that as user (ie. pi) & not root.

Is this a possible symptom of a configuration problem?

2) When I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", I am seeing an error from rigctl
for the set memory index command (E 35).
Yep. That is something I need to fix. Memory index 35 is my 2m aprs
memory location. I just need any 2M memory location that has been
programmed. This is due to the hack required to change bands (2M/440)
for the TM-V71a rig control.

In wlgw-check.sh look for the line: set_memchan_index 35 and change 35
to what ever 2M digital frequency memory index is programmed in your
radio.

Also you should program the two 440 frequencies into your memory so they
can be accessed via memory location instead of VFO.
K7KCA-10 440125000 32 1200 (in Lopez Village)
AE7LW-10 440950000 33 9600

Although, they are far enough away you will probably not be able to hit
them unless you live on a mountain.

If I run rigctl, I can do set
memory index commands for any of the memory channels I have written to
using Chirp but not memory channels that haven't been set to anything. So
far, I programmed the first 20 memory channels with Chirp. So, "rigctl -m
234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 20" will work but "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E
35" fails. I imagine a workaround would be for me to program something into
channel 35 using Chirp (or directly from the radio), and that may fix that.
I'll try that next but wanted you to be aware of the issue. I just got this
radio but I imagine your V71a's have had many more channels previously
programmed so you might not have seen this issue. It would seem that once
the set memory index issue is fixed, the wlgw-check script should work.
When I did run it I could see it was changing the V71a frequency and
transmitting so I think we're really close.
When I run rmslist.sh using your gridsquare, 3 RMS gateways come up that
I control.
So there is an assumption that you are connecting to 1200 baud
Gateways. Just an FYI it is possible to change to 9600 baud on the fly
as well. I need to spend some time to test that out.

/Basil


Basil Gunn
 

Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

Err..meant "Hi Basil". Not to be confused with "Nigel Gunn" over in the
Chirp forums...
Not a problem. I thought you were referring to Nigel Bruce who played
Dr. Watson to Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes :)


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Nigel,

More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:


Keith Williamson
 

Hi Basil,

I think all of the infrastructure is in place and working. I just can't get email working. I followed the instructions for configuring Claws. I chose the option to use it for my winlink email client (KF7DRV@...). When I get to the last screen where I save the config, Claws complains that it can't connect to "IMAP server: localhost: 143".

On a separate note, I have tested wl2kax25 to w7ecg-10, kf7vol-10, and kc7oad-10. They all answer up fine and terminate normally. However, when I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", it doesn't appear to honor the -g argument. The gateway list it tests appears to be the default list. Here's the output from show_log.sh:

image.png

Here's the output from "rmslist.sh 30 CN88tu":

image.png

73,

Keith
KF7DRV



On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

> Err..meant "Hi Basil". Not to be confused with "Nigel Gunn" over in the
> Chirp forums...

Not a problem. I thought you were referring to Nigel Bruce who played
Dr. Watson to Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes :)

>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=
> gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nigel,
>>
>> More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:




Keith Williamson
 

Hi Basil,

It appears that perhaps I should have done "app_config.sh pluimap" instead of "app_config.sh plu". I'll work on that upgrade later and just concentrate on sending and receiving email via Mutt.

My understanding (please correct) is that when I compose email with Mutt and then send it, it gets reformatted for Winlink (by postfix MTA?) and deposited in /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox. The next time I run wl2ktelnet or wl2kax25, the message will be sent to CMS (directly if wl2ktelnet or via RMS if wl2kax25).

If I send email to KF7DRV@... from my Gmail account, it stays on CMS until I retrieve it via paclink. However, I thought when I retrieve it via paclink, postfix would send it to the Mutt inbox. Instead, I find it in /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox.

Is my postfix configuration messed up somehow?

Thanks,

Keith


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Basil,

I think all of the infrastructure is in place and working. I just can't get email working. I followed the instructions for configuring Claws. I chose the option to use it for my winlink email client (KF7DRV@...). When I get to the last screen where I save the config, Claws complains that it can't connect to "IMAP server: localhost: 143".

On a separate note, I have tested wl2kax25 to w7ecg-10, kf7vol-10, and kc7oad-10. They all answer up fine and terminate normally. However, when I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", it doesn't appear to honor the -g argument. The gateway list it tests appears to be the default list. Here's the output from show_log.sh:

image.png

Here's the output from "rmslist.sh 30 CN88tu":

image.png

73,

Keith
KF7DRV



On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:58 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

> Err..meant "Hi Basil". Not to be confused with "Nigel Gunn" over in the
> Chirp forums...

Not a problem. I thought you were referring to Nigel Bruce who played
Dr. Watson to Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes :)

>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=
> gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nigel,
>>
>> More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:




Basil Gunn
 

First figure out how to ssh into your RPi from the same machine you use
for email. I really prefer a cut & paste of console output rather than a
jpg.

I think all of the infrastructure is in place and working. I just can't get
email working. I followed the instructions for configuring Claws. I chose
the option to use it for my winlink email client (KF7DRV@...). When
I get to the last screen where I save the config, Claws complains that it
can't connect to "IMAP server: localhost: 143".
Please send the console output of:
netstat -tulpn | grep 143

You may have to reboot your machine after the paclink-unix install to
start the IMAP server.

On a separate note, I have tested wl2kax25 to w7ecg-10, kf7vol-10, and
kc7oad-10. They all answer up fine and terminate normally. However, when I
run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", it doesn't appear to honor the -g argument.
The gateway list it tests appears to be the default list. Here's the output
from show_log.sh:
I couldn't replicate this problem.
There is a mechanism in rmslist.sh to not interrogate the Winlink server
too frequently. If you have ever run rmslist.sh without any arguments
that may be what you are seeing. Try deleting the rmslist.sh output
files & running wlgw-check.sh again

cd
cd tmp
rm rmsgwprox.*

Because you sent a jpg of the console I couldn't really tell if there was
anything else in the show_log.sh output.

/Basil


 

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 04:35 PM, Keith Williamson wrote:
I should have done "app_config.sh pluimap" instead of "app_config.sh plu"
Following along with interest. Was looking at these scripts for other reasons, learning about hostap. It looks like the pluimap argument redirects to the plu argument in that script.

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/config/app_config.sh


Basil Gunn
 

It appears that perhaps I should have done "app_config.sh pluimap" instead
of "app_config.sh plu". I'll work on that upgrade later and just
concentrate on sending and receiving email via Mutt.
My current version (BETA13) of the paclink-unix install is NOT using
pluimap just plu. This will install postfix, dovecot, claws-mail,
rainloop, mutt & the web interface to paclink-unix. I am working on a
lighter version of the install that just installs postfix & mutt for
embedded apps ie. that do not use a screen, like Linux RMS Gateway.

My understanding (please correct) is that when I compose email with Mutt
and then send it, it gets reformatted for Winlink (by postfix MTA?) and
deposited in /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox. The next time I run wl2ktelnet or
wl2kax25, the message will be sent to CMS (directly if wl2ktelnet or via
RMS if wl2kax25).
That's correct. When you send mail with your email app it just deposits
the email into a directory. To complete the operation you have to select
a transport method:

wl2ktelnet: telnet
wl2kax25: packet radio
wl2kserial: pactor modem (SCS-PTC-IIpro)


If I send email to KF7DRV@... from my Gmail account, it stays on
CMS until I retrieve it via paclink. However, I thought when I retrieve it
via paclink, postfix would send it to the Mutt inbox. Instead, I find it in
/usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox.
If you are finding your received mail in your outbox that would be a
configuration mistake.

Is my postfix configuration messed up somehow?
Yes


Keith Williamson
 

Hi Basil,

I deleted the rmsgwprox* files in ~/tmp and ran wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu. Here is the resultant output from show_log.sh:


Start: 2019 06 03 17:01:54 PDT: grid: CN88tu, debug: , GW list refresh: true, connect: true, cron: false

Chan Conn
RMS GW    Freq Dist Name Index Stat Stat Time  Conn
KF7FIT-10   223780000 0 NET-21       Unqual n/a  0   0
N7NIX-10    144910000 0 NET-16       Unqual n/a  0   0
K7KCA-10    440125000 3 NET-45          n/a  to  0   0
KE7KML-10   223780000 3 NET-21       Unqual n/a  1   0
AF4PM-10    145690000 4 NET-14          n/a  to 22   1
AF5TR-10    145690000 11 NET-14          n/a  to 21   1
AE7LW-10    145050000 16 NET113          n/a  to 22   1
AE7LW-10    440950000 16 NET-46          n/a  to  1   0
KD7X-10     145630000 16 NET-13          n/a  to 21   1
KI7ULA-10   145050000 16 NET113          n/a  to 22   1
W0QJM-10    145630000 19 NET-13          n/a  to 22   1
WA7GJZ-10   145630000 19 NET-13          n/a  to 22   2
WA7GJZ-10   145630000 19 NET-13          n/a  to 22   2
NG2G-10     144990000 26 NET-11          n/a  to 21   1
W7ECG-10    144930000 28 NET-17          n/a  OK 49   3
KC7OAS-10   144950000 33 NET-12          n/a  OK 26   3
KG7WFV-10   145630000 35 NET-13          n/a  to 21   1
W7BPD-10    145630000 35 NET-13          n/a  to 22   1
W7BPD-11    145630000 35 NET-13          n/a  OK 33   2
Finish: 2019 06 03 17:07:50 PDT: Elapsed time: 5 min, 56 secs,  Found 16 RMS Gateways, connected: 3
pi@Compass:/usr/local/src/auto-rmsgw-find $

With respect to incoming messages ending up in /usr/local/var/wl2k/output/, I don't know how to fix that. I thought that postfix was configured correctly by the scripts.

Is it possible that building the latest paclink-unix broke the postfix config?

cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
git pull
./build-all.sh

Thanks,

Keith


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

First figure out how to ssh into your RPi from the same machine you use
for email. I really prefer a cut & paste of console output rather than a
jpg.

> I think all of the infrastructure is in place and working. I just can't get
> email working. I followed the instructions for configuring Claws. I chose
> the option to use it for my winlink email client (KF7DRV@...). When
> I get to the last screen where I save the config, Claws complains that it
> can't connect to "IMAP server: localhost: 143".

Please send the console output of:
netstat -tulpn | grep 143

You may have to reboot your machine after the paclink-unix install to
start the IMAP server.

> On a separate note, I have tested wl2kax25 to w7ecg-10, kf7vol-10, and
> kc7oad-10. They all answer up fine and terminate normally. However, when I
> run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", it doesn't appear to honor the -g argument.
> The gateway list it tests appears to be the default list. Here's the output
> from show_log.sh:

I couldn't replicate this problem.
There is a mechanism in rmslist.sh to not interrogate the Winlink server
too frequently. If you have ever run rmslist.sh without any arguments
that may be what you are seeing. Try deleting the rmslist.sh output
files & running wlgw-check.sh again

cd
cd tmp
rm rmsgwprox.*

Because you sent a jpg of the console I couldn't really tell if there was
anything else in the show_log.sh output.

/Basil




Basil Gunn
 

Splitting this into 2 threads. One for auto-rmsgw-find and the other for
paclink-unix incoming messages.
/Basil

Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> writes:

Hi Basil,

I deleted the rmsgwprox* files in ~/tmp and ran wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu.
Here is the resultant output from show_log.sh:


Start: 2019 06 03 17:01:54 PDT: grid: CN88tu, debug: , GW list refresh:
true, connect: true, cron: false

Chan Conn
RMS GW Freq Dist Name Index Stat Stat Time Conn
KF7FIT-10 223780000 0 NET-21 Unqual n/a 0 0
N7NIX-10 144910000 0 NET-16 Unqual n/a 0 0
K7KCA-10 440125000 3 NET-45 n/a to 0 0
KE7KML-10 223780000 3 NET-21 Unqual n/a 1 0
AF4PM-10 145690000 4 NET-14 n/a to 22 1
AF5TR-10 145690000 11 NET-14 n/a to 21 1
AE7LW-10 145050000 16 NET113 n/a to 22 1
AE7LW-10 440950000 16 NET-46 n/a to 1 0
KD7X-10 145630000 16 NET-13 n/a to 21 1
KI7ULA-10 145050000 16 NET113 n/a to 22 1
W0QJM-10 145630000 19 NET-13 n/a to 22 1
WA7GJZ-10 145630000 19 NET-13 n/a to 22 2
WA7GJZ-10 145630000 19 NET-13 n/a to 22 2
NG2G-10 144990000 26 NET-11 n/a to 21 1
W7ECG-10 144930000 28 NET-17 n/a OK 49 3
KC7OAS-10 144950000 33 NET-12 n/a OK 26 3
KG7WFV-10 145630000 35 NET-13 n/a to 21 1
W7BPD-10 145630000 35 NET-13 n/a to 22 1
W7BPD-11 145630000 35 NET-13 n/a OK 33 2
Finish: 2019 06 03 17:07:50 PDT: Elapsed time: 5 min, 56 secs, Found 16
RMS Gateways, connected: 3
pi@Compass:/usr/local/src/auto-rmsgw-find $

With respect to incoming messages ending up in /usr/local/var/wl2k/output/,
I don't know how to fix that. I thought that postfix was configured
correctly by the scripts.

Is it possible that building the latest paclink-unix broke the postfix
config?

cd /usr/local/src/paclink-unix
git pull
./build-all.sh

Thanks,

Keith


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM Basil Gunn <@basil860> wrote:


First figure out how to ssh into your RPi from the same machine you use
for email. I really prefer a cut & paste of console output rather than a
jpg.

I think all of the infrastructure is in place and working. I just can't
get
email working. I followed the instructions for configuring Claws. I chose
the option to use it for my winlink email client (KF7DRV@...).
When
I get to the last screen where I save the config, Claws complains that it
can't connect to "IMAP server: localhost: 143".
Please send the console output of:
netstat -tulpn | grep 143

You may have to reboot your machine after the paclink-unix install to
start the IMAP server.

On a separate note, I have tested wl2kax25 to w7ecg-10, kf7vol-10, and
kc7oad-10. They all answer up fine and terminate normally. However, when
I
run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", it doesn't appear to honor the -g
argument.
The gateway list it tests appears to be the default list. Here's the
output
from show_log.sh:
I couldn't replicate this problem.
There is a mechanism in rmslist.sh to not interrogate the Winlink server
too frequently. If you have ever run rmslist.sh without any arguments
that may be what you are seeing. Try deleting the rmslist.sh output
files & running wlgw-check.sh again

cd
cd tmp
rm rmsgwprox.*

Because you sent a jpg of the console I couldn't really tell if there was
anything else in the show_log.sh output.

/Basil