Topics

FLmsg does not launch on DRAWS

Budd Churchward

I just loaded the latest image for DRAWS and have things working, however when I attempt to launch Flmsg, I get an hour glass that runs for a while and then nothing happens. We all use FLmsg weekly in Whatcom County. It runs just fine on my UDRC image. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Budd WB7FHC

Basil Gunn

Hi Budd,
I'm assuming you launched flmsg from an icon or menu item. If you want
to look at what's going on start flmsg from a console.

The most common problem with flmsg not starting is that library
libjpeg9-dev has not been installed & is required by flmsg

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

To install libjpeg9-dev

sudo apt-get install libjpeg9-dev

Now ldconfig should display libjpeg.so.9

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so.9 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.9
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

Let me know if this fixes your problem.
/Basil

Budd Churchward <budd@...> writes:

I just loaded the latest image for DRAWS and have things working,
however when I attempt to launch Flmsg, I get an hour glass that runs
for a while and then nothing happens. We all use FLmsg weekly in
Whatcom County. It runs just fine on my UDRC image. Has anyone else
seen this problem?

Budd WB7FHC

Budd Churchward

We found the fix. Ironically NWDigital sent out this fix in April, but never put it on their own image.

From their groups.io:

See email from 19 Apr.
You need to install libjpeg9-dev

sudo apt-get install libjpeg9-dev

/Basil

I did this and it now works.

Budd

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:57 PM
Subject: [draws and udrc] FLmsg does not launch on DRAWS

I just loaded the latest image for DRAWS and have things working, however when I attempt to launch Flmsg, I get an hour glass that runs for a while and then nothing happens. We all use FLmsg weekly in Whatcom County. It runs just fine on my UDRC image. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Budd WB7FHC

Basil Gunn

Library libjpeg9-dev is installed from the HF programs install script.

~/dev/github/n7nix$ find . -iname "*.sh" -print | xargs grep -i "libjpeg"
./hfprogs/hf_install.sh:PKG_REQUIRE_FLDIGI="libfltk1.3-dev libjpeg9-dev libxft-dev libxinerama-dev libxcursor-dev libsndfile1-dev libsamplerate0-dev portaudio19-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libpulse-dev"

We found the fix. Ironically NWDigital sent out this fix in April, but
never put it on their own image.
Not really ironic. If you search udrc group.io messages 'libjpeg9' is mentioned 9 times
since 12/23/18. Maintaining an image with 25 apps that are changing
regularly is challenging some things fall through the cracks.

/Basil

Budd Churchward <budd@...> writes:

We found the fix. Ironically NWDigital sent out this fix in April, but never put it on their own image.
From their groups.io: