Topics

#Draws used with #WinLink with #BTech 6X2 #DMR radio..... #draws #winlink #btech #dmr

Kenneth Cenac <Ken.cenac@...>

I am very proud interested in trying to get a DRAWS connected to my new BTech 6X2 DMR radio..... And use WinLink and JS8Call on the DMR on a private direct radio to radio connection.  Any suggestions would he appreciated.  Thank you.... KE5ASY New Orleans region ARES.....

At first blush, what you are describing isn't practical.

DMR uses the AMBE vocoder to pass voice communications and it will not reproduce tones for the modems typically used for Winlink communications.  Winlink typically uses AX.25 packet or Ardop (and possibly other) analog modems.

DRAWS™ supports AX.25 and Ardop, so in analog mode, you may be able to do Winlink communications with that radio.

Also amateur radio DMR does not provide private communications.  It will do radio-to-radio routing (not connections), but it can be monitored by other stations using promiscuous mode.

Maybe folks will have some ideas for you.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 5:28 PM Kenneth Cenac <Ken.cenac@...> wrote:
I am very proud interested in trying to get a DRAWS connected to my new BTech 6X2 DMR radio..... And use WinLink and JS8Call on the DMR on a private direct radio to radio connection.  Any suggestions would he appreciated.  Thank you.... KE5ASY New Orleans region ARES.....

Kingston, WA
K7VE