Topics

ARDOP or software similar to WinLink (HF mail) #winlink

wa9pyh@...

Is anyone using the DRAWS Pi HAT for HF email that would be similar to ARDOP (part of WinLink) or WinMor (also part of WinLink) that both run under Windows?  I'm using an FT857D, a Pi 3B+, a DRAWS board, a 6 pin miniDIN cable(xmt & rcv audio) and a CT62 CAT cable.  The Pi is using the beta_13 image..  This setup runs JS8CALL, FLDIGI and WSJT_X properly.  I would like to add HF mail using the DRAWS board.  73

K4KDR

I've only had my DRAWS board for a day, but did have success running the PAT Winlink client (thanks to the YouTube videos by KM4ACK) over 2m ax25 packet.  I will get around to testing the HF modes but just haven't gotten there yet.   The PAT software is at:

... and by coincidence, I'm also running the FT857d & a Pi3B+.  Works great!

-Scott,  K4KDR

==================

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM <wa9pyh@...> wrote:
Is anyone using the DRAWS Pi HAT for HF email that would be similar to ARDOP (part of WinLink) or WinMor (also part of WinLink) that both run under Windows?  I'm using an FT857D, a Pi 3B+, a DRAWS board, a 6 pin miniDIN cable(xmt & rcv audio) and a CT62 CAT cable.  The Pi is using the beta_13 image..  This setup runs JS8CALL, FLDIGI and WSJT_X properly.  I would like to add HF mail using the DRAWS board.  73

I'm not sure if it's included, but there is an open source implementation of ARDOP that can be compiled to run natively on the Pi. Check here: http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/ARDOPC.html

Matthew N8OHU

On August 23, 2019 8:03:43 PM EDT, wa9pyh@... wrote:
Is anyone using the DRAWS Pi HAT for HF email that would be similar to ARDOP (part of WinLink) or WinMor (also part of WinLink) that both run under Windows?  I'm using an FT857D, a Pi 3B+, a DRAWS board, a 6 pin miniDIN cable(xmt & rcv audio) and a CT62 CAT cable.  The Pi is using the beta_13 image..  This setup runs JS8CALL, FLDIGI and WSJT_X properly.  I would like to add HF mail using the DRAWS board.  73

Mitch Winkle

I think there is also a build shell script in Beta13 for ARDOP, but I have not used it.

Basil Gunn

I'm writing an ARDOP transport for paclink-unix that runs on the RPi.
I use ardopc RPi (piardopc) from here:
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/

I test that with ARIM from here:
http://www.whitemesa.net/arim/arim.html#inst

Currently for winlink using ARDOP on an RPi you can use PAT or LinBPQ
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/LinBPQ_WinlinkClient.html

/Basil n7nix

https://getpat.io/

... and by coincidence, I'm also running the FT857d & a Pi3B+. Works great!

-Scott, K4KDR

==================

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM <wa9pyh@...> wrote:

Is anyone using the DRAWS Pi HAT for HF email that would be similar to
ARDOP (part of WinLink) or WinMor (also part of WinLink) that both run
under Windows? I'm using an FT857D, a Pi 3B+, a DRAWS board, a 6 pin
miniDIN cable(xmt & rcv audio) and a CT62 CAT cable. The Pi is using the
beta_13 image.. This setup runs JS8CALL, FLDIGI and WSJT_X properly. I
would like to add HF mail using the DRAWS board. 73

km4ack

I have ARDOP setup and running with Pat on the DRAWS hat using beta 13. I've made a video tutorial, but need to edit before posting. It will release on my YouTube channel Tuesday Aug 27 at 1600 central.

73,
KM4ACK
Find me on YouTube

km4ack