Topics

#draws #gps #time #1pps #FrequencyReference #draws #gps #time #1pps #frequencyreference

The 1PPS Signal is on IO7, Pin 26 on the 40 pin header if you have an Oscillator with 1PPS Sync input.

Bryan K7UDR

No GPSDO is implemented

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 12:23 Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH <konrad.roeder@...> wrote:

I'm interested in using DRAWS to drive my FT-818ND for digital applications up in the microwave bands Eg. 904, 1296, 2304 MHz, etc (FT8, JS8CALL, etc) as well as a precise frequency reference for my LO.  I understand that a DRAWS has a GPS on board with a 1pps reference for NTP.  Is that 1PPS signal available for a frequency reference so that it can be used as a GPSDO with some additional parts?  I'm currently using a Leo Bodnar Mini Precision GPS Reference clock to generate very stable reference frequencies between 400Hz and 810MHz.  Eg.  1296 MHz = 2x576MHz + 144 MHz.   A stable LO is essential for working up on the microwave bands.  I just don't want two GPSs in my transverter.

Ideas?

--Konrad, WA4OSH

Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH