Topics

13.8V? #12vsupply

Rico Abagnale

Hi group.

This might be a stupid question. But since I wouldn’t like to grill my D.R.A.W.S. I will post it anyway:
I saw a video where somebody presented D.R.A.W.S. In this presentation he recommended to attach a cable with a Powerpole connector to use the Powerpole distributor he uses for all the rig components to power the Raspberry Pi with the D.R.A.W.S.
Will this work? My Powerpole terminal delivers constant regulated 13.8 volts for my radios!

73 de Rico, DG5BQ

That will be just fine. Input voltage range is 9-15 VDC

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019, 06:28 Rico Abagnale <rico@...> wrote:
Hi group.

This might be a stupid question. But since I wouldn’t like to grill my D.R.A.W.S. I will post it anyway:
I saw a video where somebody presented D.R.A.W.S. In this presentation he recommended to attach a cable with a Powerpole connector to use the Powerpole distributor he uses for all the rig components to power the Raspberry Pi with the D.R.A.W.S.
Will this work? My Powerpole terminal delivers constant regulated 13.8 volts for my radios!

73 de Rico, DG5BQ

Gayland Gump

I believe you want make sure you use the power input on the DRAWS and not the Pi itself.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 6:29 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
That will be just fine. Input voltage range is 9-15 VDC

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019, 06:28 Rico Abagnale <rico@...> wrote:
Hi group.

This might be a stupid question. But since I wouldn’t like to grill my D.R.A.W.S. I will post it anyway:
I saw a video where somebody presented D.R.A.W.S. In this presentation he recommended to attach a cable with a Powerpole connector to use the Powerpole distributor he uses for all the rig components to power the Raspberry Pi with the D.R.A.W.S.
Will this work? My Powerpole terminal delivers constant regulated 13.8 volts for my radios!

73 de Rico, DG5BQ

The.Pi USB power input is a nominal 5.1 VDC. Typical 'wall wart' USB supplies may have voltage drop who h in turn manifests in inconsistent operation of the Pi. This, and a single station power supply, is why DRAWS™ HAT has the 9-15 VDC power input.

One can use either to power both the Pi and DRAWS ™.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019, 06:32 Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks,
I had in mind that DRAWS can just handle up to 12 volts. But in this case it makes a lot of hardware installation things a lot easier.

Once again thanks for your help