Topics

Compass Linux and RPi 3b BlueTooth?

Nick Ellson <udrc@...>

Has anyone using the UDRC-II, using the Compass Linux build, gotten the RPi 3b Bluetooth Radio to work? Was hoping to get my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a Bluetooth GPS going.

so far I get the dreaded "No Adaptors Found"

Tried manually stating the Bluetooth service, its status says it's running. Bluetoothctl say no default adaptor. Tried updating the distro, no luck.

Nick

ynotssor@...

On 04/07/2017 10:52 PM, Nick Ellson wrote:

Has anyone using the UDRC-II, using the Compass Linux build, gotten the RPi 3b Bluetooth Radio to work? Was hoping to get my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a Bluetooth GPS going.

so far I get the dreaded "No Adaptors Found"

Tried manually stating the Bluetooth service, its status says it's running. Bluetoothctl say no default adaptor. Tried updating the distro, no luck.

Nick

It appears from https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/compass/wiki/Installing-Compass-Linux-for-Raspberry-Pi that bluetooth requires removal from the system:

Update All Installed Software

Open a terminal and issue the following commands:

Current libasound2 has issues, so issue

sudo apt-get remove bluez pi-bluetooth
sudo apt-mark hold libasound2 libasound2-data

Then

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade  # OPTIONAL
sudo reboot

Your Compass Linux installation is complete.

Gordon Munck <Gordonmunck@...>

Hi Nick,
I worked on getting Bluetooth to work for several days.  No luck.  I've tried about every routine I could find on the net and finally decided I'd try getting it to work on a "non-DStar" RPi so I didn't have to restore that image.  Still no luck.  I guess I don't need Bluetooth that bad!
I will follow your efforts and perhaps give it a fresh start.  Challenges.
Gordon

On Apr 9, 2017, at 10:09 AM, ynotssor via Groups.Io <ynotssor@...> wrote:

[...]

Nick Ellson

OK, so looks like this was uncommented out in the /boot/config.txt <sigh> I put the comment back and Bluetooth is WORKING!

# Enable serial console
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt