Topics

Compass Linux and RPi 3b BlueTooth?

Nick Ellson <udrc@...>

Has anyone using the UDRC-II, using the Compass Linux build, gotten the RPi 3b Bluetooth Radio to work? Was hoping to get my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a Bluetooth GPS going.

so far I get the dreaded "No Adaptors Found"

Tried manually stating the Bluetooth service, its status says it's running. Bluetoothctl say no default adaptor. Tried updating the distro, no luck.

Nick

ynotssor@...

On 04/07/2017 10:52 PM, Nick Ellson wrote:

Has anyone using the UDRC-II, using the Compass Linux build, gotten the RPi 3b Bluetooth Radio to work? Was hoping to get my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a Bluetooth GPS going.

Tried manually stating the Bluetooth service, its status says it's running. Bluetoothctl say no default adaptor. Tried updating the distro, no luck.

Nick

It appears from https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/compass/wiki/Installing-Compass-Linux-for-Raspberry-Pi that bluetooth requires removal from the system:

Update All Installed Software

Open a terminal and issue the following commands:

Current libasound2 has issues, so issue

sudo apt-get remove bluez pi-bluetooth
sudo apt-mark hold libasound2 libasound2-data

Then

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade  # OPTIONAL
sudo reboot

Your Compass Linux installation is complete.

Gordon Munck <Gordonmunck@...>

Hi Nick, 
I worked on getting Bluetooth to work for several days.  No luck.  I've tried about every routine I could find on the net and finally decided I'd try getting it to work on a "non-DStar" RPi so I didn't have to restore that image.  Still no luck.  I guess I don't need Bluetooth that bad!  
I will follow your efforts and perhaps give it a fresh start.  Challenges.
Gordon

On Apr 9, 2017, at 10:09 AM, ynotssor via Groups.Io <ynotssor@...> wrote:

On 04/07/2017 10:52 PM, Nick Ellson wrote:

Nick

It appears from https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/compass/wiki/Installing-Compass-Linux-for-Raspberry-Pi that bluetooth requires removal from the system:

Update All Installed Software

Open a terminal and issue the following commands:

Current libasound2 has issues, so issue

sudo apt-get remove bluez pi-bluetooth
sudo apt-mark hold libasound2 libasound2-data

Then

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade  # OPTIONAL
sudo reboot

Your Compass Linux installation is complete.

Nick Ellson

OK, so looks like this was uncommented out in the /boot/config.txt <sigh> I put the comment back and Bluetooth is WORKING!

# Enable serial console
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt