Insert the card into a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3, with a UDRC installed and boot up.

Login using ssh (or keyboard and monitor). If using ssh you will need to find
the IP address, usually this can be found under DHCP leases on your router. On
MacOS or Linux, you may find it at compass.local

Username: pi
Password: compass1

(Be sure to change the password for security)

Inspect the filesystem and see if it expanded to fill your SD card, (use the
df command), if not then use

sudo raspi-config
select Advanced Options
select Expand Filesystem

After a reboot, the filesystem should now be expanded.

Once its booted up, point a modern browser at http://<IP ADDR>:8073

If the interface doesn't come up (give it a minute) then from the command line

sudo systemctl start dstarconfig

The login for the configuration tool is:

admin
compass1

(Be sure to change the password in the 'User Account' page for security)

Enjoy.

20170405-web-udrc.img does not have a GUI, and thus VNC is not installed. It
is intended for Web configuration and there is a dashboard for monitoring its
operation.

Here is the home page of the tool:
Inline image 1

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

For a basic install

To setup the repeater, select the "Radio Type" then you press the "Modem Level" button, to setup the UDRC levels.
Input the repeater callsign plus the Module ID and submit.

Inline image 1

Similarly, for the gateway, put in the gateway callsign (matches repeater callsign), without a module ID (the 'G' is not input).
Press the "Guess Location" button, and edit the returned Lat/Lon and Location

Putting in this information will pre-fill URLs, and logins.  (If you want to use ircDDB.net, you will need to add the password)

Enable services,  DPlus requires a US Trust registered USER CALLSIGN to operate.

Submit.  If you want the latest http://ar-dns.net gateway and reflector lists, press the Update Hosts button.

Use the Commands tab, to start and stop services -- you can reboot the system, and you can enable UPNP port forwarding if your router supports it.

Inline image 2

Bridgecom users -- adjust "Transmit Hang Time (seconds) [Misnamed] to 180 --

If the button to load the modem hangs, the scripts are in /opt/nwdr/scripts where you can execute them directly.

artupton@...

I just set this up to see if it helps fix really bad audio I have been having on previous images with Dstarrepeater and the UDRC-II.Raspberry PI 3 with the direct ethernet connection to DR1x Fusion repeater that I can use Wires-x rf linked, HoptSpots etc with fusion and has been running fine for a year in my workshop.

Modem button hangs so I ran the udrc setup scripts. Previously had tried both level 100 and 50 in Dstar repeater under Jessie Full, both yielded garbled audio in my ic-880h from my ID-51A+. No changes with this image however Gateway dashboard shows no RF activity or network activity even when linked and the gateway worked fine under Jessie with internet traffic feeding the repeater fine.

Echo, Repeater information etc kerchak requests do nothing, did nothing on Jessie before either, are they supposed to work?

Why the garbled warbling local audio with the UDRC board? Radios work fine on DVmega dstar repeater image in a Ldvap TYPE Pi Box and DVMega. Hope to see you Friday at the Booth, Art-K8XG

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 3:50 PM, artupton via Groups.Io <artupton@...> wrote:

I just set this up to see if it helps fix really bad audio I have been having on previous images with Dstarrepeater and the UDRC-II.Raspberry PI 3 with the direct ethernet connection to DR1x Fusion repeater that I can use Wires-x rf linked, HoptSpots etc with fusion and has been running fine for a year in my workshop.

UHF or VHF?  What firmware on the DR-1X?

Modem button hangs so I ran the udrc setup scripts.

Which specific script?

Previously had tried both level 100 and 50 in Dstar repeater under Jessie Full, both yielded garbled audio in my ic-880h from my ID-51A+. No changes with this image however Gateway dashboard shows no RF activity or network activity even when linked and the gateway worked fine under Jessie with internet traffic feeding the repeater fine.

The UDRC-II only works under Compass (a version of Jessie with the driver for the UDRC).

Levels should not be set in dstarrepeater -- the script should set them exactly to the proper level and adjusting them in dstarrepeater will change them.  The web image doesn't allow you to change them, since they are set properly by the script and default configuration.

Echo, Repeater information etc kerchak requests do nothing, did nothing on Jessie before either, are they supposed to work?

If you have the radios set properly to access the gateway, then dstarrepeaterd sends the requests to ircddbgatewayd where the commands are executed - echo, info, linking, unlink all execute in the gateway, not the repeater.

Why the garbled warbling local audio with the UDRC board?

Without having more information and verifying that everything is set properly, it is hard to say.

Radios work fine on DVmega dstar repeater image in a Ldvap TYPE Pi Box and DVMega. Hope to see you Friday at the Booth, Art-K8XG

I should be at the booth (1105) Friday and Saturday, except during the D-STAR forum and breaks.

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

artupton@...

Answers inline John.

UHF or VHF?  What firmware on the DR-1X?
-[UHF firmware 1.10n works fine on both direct wires-x and rf-linked, its the test bed for our other DR-1x repeaters in town for any now addons. usually set to Al link or AM link and run continuously except when I am doing test work like this UDRC board]

Modem button hangs so I ran the udrc setup scripts.
Which specific script?  [Set the URDC to DR1x script]

Previously had tried both level 100 and 50 in Dstar repeater under Jessie Full, both yielded garbled audio in my ic-880h from my ID-51A+. No changes with this image however Gateway dashboard shows no RF activity or network activity even when linked and the gateway worked fine under Jessie with internet traffic feeding the repeater fine.
The UDRC-II only works under Compass (a version of Jessie with the driver for the UDRC).

Levels should not be set in dstarrepeater -- the script should set them exactly to the proper level and adjusting them in dstarrepeater will change them.  The web image doesn't allow you to change them, since they are set properly by the script and default configuration.
--[I am talking about the past used full Jesse version you have to set the levels in GUI dstar repeater config ]

Echo, Repeater information etc kerchak requests do nothing, did nothing on Jessie before either, are they supposed to work?
-[looked at logs in the past on Jessie builds of dstar repeater, need to find them in this image, will check that link]

If you have the radios set properly to access the gateway, then dstarrepeaterd sends the requests to ircddbgatewayd where the commands are executed - echo, info, linking, unlink all execute in the gateway, not the repeater.
--[ID-51A+ sets teh Yr, RPT1, prt2, mycall correctly to work the local Icom repeaters, did not change them on repeater images.]