Topics

UDRC II Stream Audio

cfreeze@...

I've had a UDRC II up now with a DR-1X repeater for several months working without any issue.  What I would like to do now is be able to stream the audio out to an icecast server via darkice or similar application.  I've played around with various asound settings trying to split the in/out audio into a new pcm device without any success.  Has anyone tried doing something like this before and have an asound.conf file to share?  Is it even possible to get to the demodulated (in/out) audio and shunt it to a pcm device?  Thanks

One way that you might try is to use DummyRepeater/Buster/...  with the ThumbDV and link it to your repeater.

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:18 PM, <cfreeze@...> wrote:

I've had a UDRC II up now with a DR-1X repeater for several months working without any issue.  What I would like to do now is be able to stream the audio out to an icecast server via darkice or similar application.  I've played around with various asound settings trying to split the in/out audio into a new pcm device without any success.  Has anyone tried doing something like this before and have an asound.conf file to share?  Is it even possible to get to the demodulated (in/out) audio and shunt it to a pcm device?  Thanks

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Paul Johnson

Maybe try something with socat like at the following for example:

http://alg.austinlug.narkive.com/ce6bHn9c/fun-with-streams-and-encryption

Have fun experimenting!

Paul