Topics

64GB Cards #image

JT Croteau

Is there a maximum SD card size for the image?  I'm thinking of using a 64GB card.

I know there is a 32GB limit for booting the Rasp. NOOBS image.

Thanks

That's a Raspbian/Raspberry Pi question.  Whatever the max is for Raspbian/Raspberry Pi, will be the same for DRAWS™ / UDRC. The NOOBS image is not recommended.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 3:10 PM JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
Is there a maximum SD card size for the image?  I'm thinking of using a 64GB card.

I know there is a 32GB limit for booting the Rasp. NOOBS image.

Thanks

Kingston, WA

I've purchased & successfully booted Raspbian with 64 GiB & 128 GiB SD
cards (Samsung EVO select). I believe the limitation is the Ext4 file
format so 1 exbibyte (EiB). The largest micro SD card I've found is 1
terabyte (TB).
/Basil

John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays> writes:

That's a Raspbian/Raspberry Pi question. Whatever the max is for
Raspbian/Raspberry Pi, will be the same for DRAWS™ / UDRC. The NOOBS image
is not recommended.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 3:10 PM JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:

Is there a maximum SD card size for the image? I'm thinking of using a
64GB card.

I know there is a 32GB limit for booting the Rasp. NOOBS image.

J P Watters

I have regularly used 64gb SD cards. A word of caution, when loading an image that resizes the partition to the full size of the physical media for the first time, it TAKES a while and the booting linux system may appear to be unresponsive and may not be in a normal condition. Waiting for it to finish expanding the partition and reboot takes patience.

..jpw
KC9KKO

JT Croteau

Thanks Basil and JP.