Topics

Compass image V15, XASTIR, Missing Library?

jgindc1@...

Basil,

I have recently returned to working with DRAWS and RPi.

In earlier image versions I had been able to load XASTIR (via the desktop icon) without any issues.

With version 15 I am unable to load XASTIR, either via the XASTIR desktop icon, or invoking  directly from the folder /usr/local/bin. Using the desktop icon the busy icon appears for approximately 20 seconds, then nothing. The direct approach serves up the following error:

   error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2

I used sudo find / -name "libgeotiff*" with result of nothing found.

Using an earlier image version 13 which loads XASTIR, sudo find / -name "libgeotiff*" produced much output:

pi@draws:~ $ sudo find / -name "libgeotiff*"
/usr/share/doc/libgeotiff2
/usr/share/doc/libgeotiff-dev
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgeotiff.so
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgeotiff.so.2
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgeotiff.so.2.1.2
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgeotiff.a
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgeotiff-dev_1.4.2-2+b1_armhf.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgeotiff2_1.4.2-2+b1_armhf.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff2:armhf.symbols
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff2:armhf.triggers
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff2:armhf.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff2:armhf.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff2:armhf.shlibs
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff-dev:armhf.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgeotiff-dev:armhf.md5sums
find: ‘/proc/732/task/732/net’: Invalid argument
find: ‘/proc/732/net’: Invalid argument
find: ‘/proc/1457/task/1457/net’: Invalid argument
find: ‘/proc/1457/net’: Invalid argument
pi@draws:~ $

Thus, am I correct in assuming image v15 is missing a library, and if so how do I find the correct package(s) and load/install?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to supporting DRAWS/RPi.

John KM7LJ

Basil Gunn

Hi John,

With version 15 I am unable to load XASTIR, either via the XASTIR
desktop icon, or invoking directly from the folder
/usr/local/bin. Using the desktop icon the busy icon appears for
approximately 20 seconds, then nothing. The direct approach serves up
the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2
Not sure why this library is missing. It is spelled out in the xs_install.sh
script.

To fix do this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgeotiff-dev

To be safe I would install all the packages required by Xastir maps.
sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev libgeotiff-dev libwebp-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev

Thus, am I correct in assuming image v15 is missing a library, and if
so how do I find the correct package(s) and load/install?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to supporting DRAWS/RPi.

John KM7LJ

jgindc1@...

Basil,

Library install worked like a charm, may thanks for replying so quickly

John KM7LJ

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 1:53 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Hi John,

> With version 15 I am unable to load XASTIR, either via the XASTIR
> desktop icon, or invoking directly from the folder
> /usr/local/bin. Using the desktop icon the busy icon appears for
> approximately 20 seconds, then nothing. The direct approach serves up
> the following error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2

Not sure why this library is missing. It is spelled out in the xs_install.sh
script.

To fix do this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgeotiff-dev

To be safe I would install all the packages required by Xastir maps.
sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev libgeotiff-dev libwebp-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev

> Thus, am I correct in assuming image v15 is missing a library, and if
> so how do I find the correct package(s) and load/install?
>
> Thanks for all the hard work you put in to supporting DRAWS/RPi.
>
> John KM7LJ

Mike B

I used your recommended   sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev libgeotiff-dev libwebp-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev

The following additional packages will be installed:
libbz2-dev libexif-dev libexif-doc libgeotiff2 libjbig-dev libjpeg-dev
libjpeg62-turbo-dev liblcms2-dev liblzma-dev libtiff-dev libtiffxx5
libwmf-dev libzstd-dev

And that solved it...I hope the list of packages helps.

Mike
KF5DEY

Basil Gunn

Mike,
Thanks for the feedback.
I have an nwdr16.img candidate in testing that has those libraries
installed.
/Basil