Topics

Shutdown-/reboot pushbutton #draws #power

Rico Abagnale, DG5BQ

Hi everybody,

I would like to install a simple pushbutton to shutdown or reboot the pi with the DRAWS hat sitting on it. To write the scripts is not a big deal. But I need to know which GPIO pins I could use. So, which pins are not used by the DRAWS hat. Only one pin of any kind and a ground pin are needed.

73,
Rico

Use IO5, Pin 3 on the 8 Pin Accessory Header.

Bryan K7UDR

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:24 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Use IO5, Pin 3 on the 8 Pin Accessory Header.

Bryan K7UDR
Kingston, WA
K7VE

Your script might want to have a timer so that an accidental bump of the button doesn't shut the Pi down.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:45 AM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:24 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Use IO5, Pin 3 on the 8 Pin Accessory Header.

Bryan K7UDR
Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA
K7VE

VE3MIC

That link bounces me to the the groups.io UDRC/DRAWS home page

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:46:56 a.m. EDT, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Your script might want to have a timer so that an accidental bump of the button doesn't shut the Pi down.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:45 AM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:24 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Use IO5, Pin 3 on the 8 Pin Accessory Header.

Bryan K7UDR
Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA

This link (same as John's) points to the schematic for the DRAWS hat,
confirmed.

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/files/DRAWSTech.pdf

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:46:56 a.m. EDT, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays> wrote:

Your script might want to have a timer so that an accidental bump of the button doesn't shut the Pi down.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:45 AM John D. Hays <@john_hays> wrote:

See: https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/files/DRAWSTech.pdf

Log in to groups.io and try the URL again  (If you haven't joined the ambe subgroup, it would be necessary to do that).

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:48 AM VE3MIC via groups.io <ve3mic=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That link bounces me to the the groups.io UDRC/DRAWS home page

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:46:56 a.m. EDT, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Your script might want to have a timer so that an accidental bump of the button doesn't shut the Pi down.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:45 AM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:24 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Use IO5, Pin 3 on the 8 Pin Accessory Header.

Bryan K7UDR
Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA
K7VE

VE3MIC

That's what it was John... I wasn't "joined" to the AMBE subgroup.
Thanks & 73
de Mike