Topics

Direwolf configuration & UDRC II

Bernard f6bvp / ai7bg

Hi All,

I am helping to set up an Amateur Radio Satellite station at University Paris Diderot for IgoSat project.

It is part of a larger nanosatellite Cubesat 50 project.

Around Paris area, there are already three spacelabs involved into their own nanosatellite : Ecole Polytechnique, Paris Meudon Observatory and Paris 6 university.

We are at the point where hardware is functioning with antenna, rotators, TS2000 transceiver and tracking software is performing well.

NW-digital kindly provided an UDRC-II for this project.

Students working on this project accomplish 6 month in the laboratory to validate their final diploma.

Most of them are playing with mathlab and other sophisticated application for satellite design, attitude control etc..

However, when starting they have no experience of amateur radio, packet transmission and do not know basic functions of a transceiver.

I have an experience with 30 years of packet radio and amateur satellite communications so I can help to set up the satellite ground station.

In order make things easier, I found interesting to visualize IF signal out of the accessory plug from TS2000 transceiver on a basic oscilloscope.

I found also very helpful to apt-get install audacity that is available for Compass Linux (Raspbian fork) and Windows. This audio software application may display input signal from UDRC-II modem soundcard and help adjusting audio levels at the same time with alsamixer.

Direwolf must be shut off before starting audacity. Start alsamixer then audacity.

Select peripheral device UDRC in Edit Menu, Preference, peripheral. Choose udrc and 2 channels stereo. Quality 16000 Hz 16 bits is enough.

Adjust audio levels while recording audio input.

I hope this will help.

Bernard,

F6BVP

http://f6bvp.org

Don Poaps

I have been playing with Direwolf and Pat.IO on my Linux Laptop. I have Pat IO installed. I have a feeling I'm going to have to copy my direwolf.conf  from as the direwolf that is on Draws image is strictly for HF. My sound card is a USB with Mic and Phone 3.5.

I did the sudo su ax 25 update from the script

cd
cd n7nix
git pull origin master

# Verify update.sh is in the direwolf directory
ls direwolf
  • You can now run the update.sh script as root:
cd  direwolf
sudo su
./update.sh

This is what I got??

I don't have a GPS on this PI. I'm still waiting for shipment from the USA for the next order.

dwgpsd.c:61:2: error: #error libgps API version might be incompatible.
 #error libgps API version might be incompatible.
  ^~~~~
dwgpsd.c: In function ‘read_gpsd_thread’:
dwgpsd.c:260:8: error: too few arguments to function ‘gps_read’
    if (gps_read (&gpsdata) == -1) {
        ^~~~~~~~
In file included from dwgpsd.c:55:0:
/usr/local/include/gps.h:2122:12: note: declared here
 extern int gps_read(struct gps_data_t *, char *message, int message_len);
            ^~~~~~~~
<builtin>: recipe for target 'dwgpsd.o' failed
make: *** [dwgpsd.o] Error 1

73

Don va7dgp