From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 14:03
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [draws and udrc] Case Arrived! Screw size?

My two case arrived today! Fantastic.

I seem to have missed the link the screw sizes need to secure the

top to the base.

Ed, KD9FRQ

Mark J Culross

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM, Jack Spitznagel
<kd4iz@...> wrote:
Ed, All,

Mine were in the box with the case. Small plastic bag that also had the stand-offs and silicone stick-on feet. I just ordered one of the new design for the later generation DRAWS board.

One issue: my Rpi was reporting via the DRAWS manager that CPU temp reach 140+ F.... not wonderful... SO: I need to know if anyone has a model number for a quality fan that will fit the case. There is a dizzying array of fans out there, I figure out the size, but reasonable quiet and low current consumption would be better.

I have a couple of CPU fans that are too large for the hole spacing... I'm not hacking a new case to make it work.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
Science River LLC
Biomedical Consulting Services

I seem to have missed the link the screw sizes need to secure the

top to the base.

Ed, KD9FRQ

okiejim

My case has not made it yet so I don't know if this will fit yet. There was a recommended fan my nwdigital it was a
Makerfocus model LD3007MS I think  I got it on ebay pack of two. Its been awhile now. Hope my case makes it soon it
is delayed due to post office covid-19 excuse.

Jack Spitznagel

Mark,

That one is about 0.5cm too large – the predrilled spacing on the DRAWS case appears to be about 2.5cm.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Science River LLC

Biomedical Consulting Services

I seem to have missed the link the screw sizes need to secure the

top to the base.

Ed, KD9FRQ

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

THANK YOU!!

Screws located.  I need new glasses....lol

Ed

On 2/6/2021 1:15 PM, Jack Spitznagel wrote:
[...]

Jack:

The DRAWS case was designed to accommodate a standard 30mm fan (24mm spacing on the mounting holes).  Although I have not purchased these myself, this pair from Amazon are marked with the same p/n (LD3007MS) as was on the original fan used during the case design/update:

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT