Question on DRAWS™ Manager

Jack Spitznagel

John,

I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently with the “HamClock” software (https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately, HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.

So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.

Thanks in advance!

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Science River LLC

Biomedical Consulting Services

Basil Gunn

So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page?
From the draws-manager README
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

"If you want to set the port, edit /etc/default/draws-manager and add a
line with the port number, e.g. PORT=80 (it defaults to 8080)."

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

John, I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently
with the “HamClock” software
(https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately,
HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS
Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the
clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other
than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.

So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.

Thanks in advance!
Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Science River LLC

Biomedical Consulting Services

Basil pointed you to the right location (/etc/default is a common place for configuration variables to be stored).

You do need to restart DRAWS™ Manager after editing the file.

sudo systemctl restart draws-manager

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page?

From the draws-manager README
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

"If you want to set the port, edit /etc/default/draws-manager and add a
line with the port number, e.g. PORT=80 (it defaults to 8080)."

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

> John, I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently
> with the “HamClock” software
> (https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately,
> HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS
> Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the
> clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other
> than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.
>

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>
> Science River LLC
>
> Biomedical Consulting Services

Kingston, WA
K7VE / WRJT-215

Jack Spitznagel

Thanks John and Basil…

There was a line already in the file but commented out (#PORT=8873). To keep life simple, I un-commented it. Rebooted and without anything running, I still can’t connect. I can ping the machine, but I get the same message as before:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.0.225:8873.

The unit is on the network, can be seen by the network hub manager and the cable gateway. Just no DRAWS manager connection to 10.0.0.225:8873 (or the original 8080).

I can connect to the other DRAWS unit with Firefox (from my workstation) and Chrome on the 2nd DRAWS unit which is still default to port 8080.

If a lot of configuration surgery is needed to solve this, I might just create another image and bring it up from nil… less pain and agony.

Jack – KD4IZ

Basil pointed you to the right location (/etc/default is a common place for configuration variables to be stored).

You do need to restart DRAWS™ Manager after editing the file.

sudo systemctl restart draws-manager

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page?

From the draws-manager README
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

"If you want to set the port, edit /etc/default/draws-manager and add a
line with the port number, e.g. PORT=80 (it defaults to 8080)."

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

> John, I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently
> with the “HamClock” software
> (https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately,
> HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS
> Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the
> clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other
> than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.
>

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>
> Science River LLC
>
> Biomedical Consulting Services

Kingston, WA

K7VE / WRJT-215

That should have done it, run

sudo systemctl status draws-manager

for basic diagnostics.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:48 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

Thanks John and Basil…

There was a line already in the file but commented out (#PORT=8873). To keep life simple, I un-commented it. Rebooted and without anything running, I still can’t connect. I can ping the machine, but I get the same message as before:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.0.225:8873.

The unit is on the network, can be seen by the network hub manager and the cable gateway. Just no DRAWS manager connection to 10.0.0.225:8873 (or the original 8080).

I can connect to the other DRAWS unit with Firefox (from my workstation) and Chrome on the 2nd DRAWS unit which is still default to port 8080.

If a lot of configuration surgery is needed to solve this, I might just create another image and bring it up from nil… less pain and agony.

Jack – KD4IZ

Basil pointed you to the right location (/etc/default is a common place for configuration variables to be stored).

You do need to restart DRAWS™ Manager after editing the file.

sudo systemctl restart draws-manager

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page?

From the draws-manager README
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

"If you want to set the port, edit /etc/default/draws-manager and add a
line with the port number, e.g. PORT=80 (it defaults to 8080)."

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

> John, I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently
> with the “HamClock” software
> (https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately,
> HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS
> Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the
> clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other
> than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.
>

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>
> Science River LLC
>
> Biomedical Consulting Services

Kingston, WA

K7VE / WRJT-215

Kingston, WA
K7VE / WRJT-215

Jack Spitznagel

Thanks John,

Output attached. Hope it makes sense.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

Basil pointed you to the right location (/etc/default is a common place for configuration variables to be stored).

You do need to restart DRAWS™ Manager after editing the file.

sudo systemctl restart draws-manager

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page?

From the draws-manager README
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

"If you want to set the port, edit /etc/default/draws-manager and add a
line with the port number, e.g. PORT=80 (it defaults to 8080)."

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

> John, I have one of my two DRAWS units running XASTIR concurrently
> with the “HamClock” software
> (https://www.clearskyinstitute.com/ham/HamClock/). Unfortunately,
> HamClock wants to grab port 8080 too, so I can’t connect to the DRAWS
> Manager interface. My first choice would be to move the port for the
> clock utility but I am having a bit of trouble finding anything other
> than part of the file HamClock.h that assigns the port.
>

> So… Is it possible to move the URL port for the Manager page? If so, could you please point me to the config filename and the appropriate line(s) used to reassign the port. I tried searching places I expected such a file to be, but I am not adept enough with Raspbian to do a deep search.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>
> Science River LLC
>
> Biomedical Consulting Services

Kingston, WA

K7VE / WRJT-215

Kingston, WA

K7VE / WRJT-215

Basil Gunn

# First update your local n7nix repo & refresh your local bin directory
cd
cd n7nix/config
./bin_refresh.sh

# Confirm you are not running a buggy kernel

buginfo.sh

# Now start draws manager

mgr-ctrl.sh start

# check the status

mgr-ctrl.sh status

# Paste console output of all the above commands in a post
# Increase the width of the console so the lines are not chopped off.

Output attached. Hope it makes sense.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

Thank you for those suggestions. The outputs are above and do not look promising at all.

I am probably best off starting from scratch (again). I will keep this particular micro SD card as is in case you want me to try something else. Just glad this is the "mobile" unit and I don't plan any mobile ops any time soon.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
Assistant Editor – AMSAT News Service
Cell: (410) 207-5123
kd4iz@...

# First update your local n7nix repo & refresh your local bin directory cd cd n7nix/config ./bin_refresh.sh

# Confirm you are not running a buggy kernel

buginfo.sh

# Now start draws manager

mgr-ctrl.sh start

# check the status

mgr-ctrl.sh status

# Paste console output of all the above commands in a post # Increase the width of the console so the lines are not chopped off.

Output attached. Hope it makes sense.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

Basil Gunn

Jack,

It looks like draws-manager is running OK.
Did you try your browser with the proper manager port number?

The errors displayed from dmesg may have been from a previous boot up.
Could you please do a power cycle and run:

buginfo.sh
udrcver.sh

Post all results. Thanks.
/Basil

kd4iz@... writes:

[...]

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $ mgr-ctrl.sh start
Starting: draws-manager
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $ mgr-ctrl.sh status
● draws-manager.service - DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/draws-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-03-25 10:57:24 EDT; 11s ago
Docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager
Main PID: 18068 (npm)
Tasks: 19 (limit: 2063)
CGroup: /system.slice/draws-manager.service
├─18068 npm
├─18108 sh -c node ./bin/www
└─18109 node ./bin/www

Mar 25 10:57:24 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: Started DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration..
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: npm WARN npm npm does not support Node.js v10.23.1
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: npm WARN npm You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: npm WARN npm can't make any promises that npm will work with this version.
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: npm WARN npm Supported releases of Node.js are the latest release of 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: npm WARN npm You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: > webapp@0.0.1 start /usr/local/var/draws-manager/webapp
Mar 25 10:57:30 kd4iz2draws npm[18068]: > node ./bin/www

Status for draws-manager: RUNNING and ENABLED
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $ bin_refresh.sh

== Updating n7nix repo
remote: Enumerating objects: 102, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (102/102), done.
remote: Total 84 (delta 62), reused 63 (delta 41), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (84/84), done.
From https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix
c53ab5c..3918ba5 master -> origin/master
Updating c53ab5c..3918ba5
Fast-forward
ardop/ardoplist.sh | 2 +-
bbs/checkbbs.sh | 119 ++++++++------
bin/buginfo.sh | 22 +++
bin/getalpha.sh | 51 ++++++
bin/mgr-ctrl.sh | 141 +++++++++++++++++
bin/mgr-stop.sh | 39 -----
bin/rmslist.sh | 46 +++++-
bin/showudrc.sh | 5 +
rmsgw/freq_alpha.txt | 20 +++
splitchan/split_ctrl.sh | 342 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
systemd/bin/ax25-restart | 15 +-
systemd/bin/ax25-restart-sh.sh | 197 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
tracker/tracker-up | 2 +-
create mode 100755 bin/getalpha.sh
create mode 100755 bin/mgr-ctrl.sh
delete mode 100755 bin/mgr-stop.sh
create mode 100644 rmsgw/freq_alpha.txt
create mode 100755 systemd/bin/ax25-restart-sh.sh

== Updating local bin directory for user: pi

FINISHED copying desktop files

FINISHED copying bin files

FINISHED copying AX.25 files
script: /home/pi/bin/sensor_update.sh found
Already have iio_hwmon config for draws sensors

FINISHED updating sensor config file
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $ buginfo.sh
== Kernel version:
Linux kd4iz2draws 5.4.79-v7+ #1373 SMP Mon Nov 23 13:22:33 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

== Firmware version:
Nov 30 2020 22:13:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ab1181cc0cb6df52bfae3b1d3fef0ce7c325166c (clean) (release) (start)

== Codec driver check:
[ 6.954082] asoc-simple-card soc:sound: tlv320aic32x4-hifi <-> 3f203000.i2s mapping ok
[ 7.922242] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.922921] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.923837] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.924766] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.925450] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.926077] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.926711] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.927338] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.927966] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.929326] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.930033] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.930640] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.931238] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.931834] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.932433] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.933026] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.933621] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.934349] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.935142] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.936206] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.037642] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.038411] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.039148] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.039877] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.040615] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.041386] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.042162] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.042963] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.043782] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.049687] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.051065] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.052047] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.052832] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.053610] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.054420] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.056037] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.056886] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.057684] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.059838] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.060660] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.112677] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.113308] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.114372] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.115094] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.115761] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.116433] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.117081] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.118284] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.118982] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.122054] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.122844] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.123602] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.124625] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.125377] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.126083] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.126768] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.127455] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.128107] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.128794] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.129403] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 13.193095] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 13.193104] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 13.203801] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 13.203808] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 42.846349] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 42.846357] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121

== DRAWS driver check:
udrc card number line: card 2: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]
udrc is sound card #2

== Boot 'fail' check:
[ 6.460894] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,3-model-b-plus.txt failed with error -2
[...]
[ 13.193079] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121
[ 13.193095] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 13.193104] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 13.203788] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121
[ 13.203801] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 13.203808] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 42.846330] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121
[ 42.846349] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 42.846357] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121

== GPS check:
Serial devices OK
gpsd OK

== Pi Version
Pi 3 Model B+, Rev 1.3, Mfg by Sony UK with WiFi

== /boot/config
disable_overscan=1
[pi4]
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
[all]
dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
force_turbo=1
dtparam=audio=on
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

Yes... and it was still throwing the "Unable to Connect" message. Here is why:
I back-tracked went through it all again and rebooted, same thing so I went back and ran the < mgr-ctrl.sh status -l> script followed by start, then status -l again and the result was interesting. The Manager seems to start OK... immediately gives a good status, then stops after about 10 sec or so. The output is in the first attached file.

Ran buginfo.sh and udrcver.sh scripts after that and the output is in the second file.

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $ pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/config $

From https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix
c53ab5c..3918ba5 master -> origin/master
Updating c53ab5c..3918ba5
Fast-forward
ardop/ardoplist.sh | 2 +-
bbs/checkbbs.sh | 119 ++++++++------
bin/buginfo.sh | 22 +++
bin/getalpha.sh | 51 ++++++
bin/mgr-ctrl.sh | 141 +++++++++++++++++
bin/mgr-stop.sh | 39 -----
bin/rmslist.sh | 46 +++++-
bin/showudrc.sh | 5 +
rmsgw/freq_alpha.txt | 20 +++
splitchan/split_ctrl.sh | 342 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
systemd/bin/ax25-restart | 15 +-
systemd/bin/ax25-restart-sh.sh | 197 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
tracker/tracker-up | 2 +-
13 files changed, 813 insertions(+), 188 deletions(-) create mode
[...]

Let's take draws-manager out of the equation and verify everything else
with your system is OK. The fact that things seem to be ok initially,
which is also evidenced from the dmesg output, then later stops working
might point to draws-manager since it runs some things from timers.

Also want to start your system without draws-manager running then start
it up once you have confirmed that things are stable.

The mgr-ctrl.sh script does not parse '-l'. The
output displaying that is coming from a systemd utility.

# stop & disable draws-manager
mgr-ctrl.sh stop

# cold boot ie. power cycle
# Once running check buginfo.sh script output

buginfo.sh

# wait a couple of minutes and run buginfo.sh again

buginfo.sh

# compare the 2 outputs

# Once your system has been up & running for a couple of minutes start
# draws-manager

mgr-ctrl.sh start

# check manager status

mgr-ctrl.sh status

# wait 10 seconds or so and check manager status again

mgr-ctrl.sh status

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

Basil,

Yes... and it was still throwing the "Unable to Connect" message. Here
is why: I back-tracked went through it all again and rebooted, same
thing so I went back and ran the < mgr-ctrl.sh status -l> script
followed by start, then status -l again and the result was
interesting.

The Manager seems to start OK... immediately gives a good
status, then stops after about 10 sec or so. The output is in the
first attached file.

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

Answers inline below as ">>>reply text". Files are attached. Incidentally, I can't get Xastir/Direwolf to transmit any longer either. I think that "s%^t_has_happened" so to speak.

Jack

Let's take draws-manager out of the equation and verify everything else with your system is OK. The fact that things seem to be ok initially, which is also evidenced from the dmesg output, then later stops working might point to draws-manager since it runs some things from timers.

Also want to start your system without draws-manager running then start it up once you have confirmed that things are stable.

The mgr-ctrl.sh script does not parse '-l'. The output displaying that is coming from a systemd utility.
thanks, I did not see that.
# stop & disable draws-manager
mgr-ctrl.sh stop
Done
# cold boot ie. power cycle
Done
# Once running check buginfo.sh script output

buginfo.sh
saved as buginfoA.txt
# wait a couple of minutes and run buginfo.sh again

buginfo.sh
saved as buginfoB.txt
# compare the 2 outputs
then did a $ diff buginfoA.txt buginfoB.txt and saw no indication of a diff.
# Once your system has been up & running for a couple of minutes start # draws-manager

mgr-ctrl.sh start
immediately indicated was "successful"
# check manager status

mgr-ctrl.sh status
Showed it loaded and ready
# wait 10 seconds or so and check manager status again

mgr-ctrl.sh status
Showed it had errored out and was no longer ready.
___________________________________

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

Basil,

Yes... and it was still throwing the "Unable to Connect" message. Here
is why: I back-tracked went through it all again and rebooted, same
thing so I went back and ran the < mgr-ctrl.sh status -l> script
followed by start, then status -l again and the result was
interesting.

The Manager seems to start OK... immediately gives a good status, then
stops after about 10 sec or so. The output is in the first attached
file.

Basil Gunn

I don't see an indication from you that draws-manager was disabled.

# Show me running the following in your console output.

mgr-ctrl.sh stop

# confirm that draws-manager is NOT RUNNING & NOT ENABLED

mgr-ctrl.sh status

# NOW do a cold boot.
# Once again verify draws-manager is NOT RUNNING & NOT ENABLED

mgr-ctrl.sh status

We really need you to take draws-manager out of the equation as I believe
it does not start properly from boot.

Once you can confirm that draws-manager is in-fact stopped then you can
test with Xastir & direwolf.

pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ buginfo.sh
== Kernel version:
Linux kd4iz2draws 5.4.79-v7+ #1373 SMP Mon Nov 23 13:22:33 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

== Firmware version:
Nov 30 2020 22:13:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ab1181cc0cb6df52bfae3b1d3fef0ce7c325166c (clean) (release) (start)

== Codec driver check:
[ 6.985612] asoc-simple-card soc:sound: tlv320aic32x4-hifi <-> 3f203000.i2s mapping ok
[ 7.739114] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.739674] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.740221] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.740773] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.741327] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.741878] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.742432] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.742992] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.743543] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.747784] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.748642] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.749364] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.750090] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.750777] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.751458] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.752144] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.752830] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.753513] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.754194] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 7.754953] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.060099] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.060699] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.061286] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.062197] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.063095] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.063841] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.072655] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.073680] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.074683] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.075632] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.076970] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.078672] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.079670] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.080649] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.082035] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.082953] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.083884] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.084807] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.085731] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.087359] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.093068] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.093897] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.100469] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOL Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.102739] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.103526] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: HPR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.105827] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: LOR Output Mixer DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.107050] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.107868] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.109228] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.110399] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.111182] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.111913] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.112603] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.113331] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.114154] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.115141] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.115912] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.116655] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.117377] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 9.118109] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor DAPM update failed: -121
[ 15.488229] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 15.488236] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 15.498462] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 15.498470] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 40.578432] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 40.578440] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121

== DRAWS driver check:
udrc card number line: card 2: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]
udrc is sound card #2

== Boot 'fail' check:
[ 6.518843] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,3-model-b-plus.txt failed with error -2
[...]
[ 15.488213] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121
[ 15.488229] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 15.488236] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 15.498447] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121
[ 15.498462] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: Failed to enable clocks
[ 15.498470] tlv320aic32x4 1-0018: ASoC: Failed to apply active bias: -121
[ 40.578417] Failed to prepare clk 'madc': -121

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/Desktop $ mgr-ctrl.sh status
● draws-manager.service - DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/draws-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-03-25 14:56:50 EDT; 6s ago
Docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager
Main PID: 6676 (npm)
Tasks: 18 (limit: 2063)
CGroup: /system.slice/draws-manager.service
├─6676 npm
├─6700 sh -c node ./bin/www
└─6701 node ./bin/www

Mar 25 14:56:50 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: Started DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT conf…ration..
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm WARN npm npm does not support Node.js v10.23.1
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm WARN npm You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm WARN npm can't make any promises that npm will work with this version.
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm WARN npm Supported releases of Node.js are the latest release of 4, …7, 8, 9.
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm WARN npm You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: > webapp@0.0.1 start /usr/local/var/draws-manager/webapp
Mar 25 14:56:55 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: > node ./bin/www
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Status for draws-manager: RUNNING and ENABLED
pi@kd4iz2draws:~/Desktop $ mgr-ctrl.sh status
● draws-manager.service - DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/draws-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-03-25 14:57:01 EDT; 19s ago
Docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager
Process: 6676 ExecStart=/usr/bin/npm start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 6676 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! errno 1
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! webapp@0.0.1 start: `node ./bin/www`
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! Exit status 1
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR!
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! Failed at the webapp@0.0.1 start script.
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additi…t above.
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws npm[6676]: npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2021-03-25T18_57_01_686Z-debug.log
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: draws-manager.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 25 14:57:01 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: draws-manager.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Status for draws-manager: NOT RUNNING and ENABLED

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Basil,

I need to walk away from this... I am finally going into "braincramp" status. The following should show you where I went with this:

pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ mgr-ctrl.sh stop
DISABLING draws-manager
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/draws-manager.service.
pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ mgr-ctrl.sh status
● draws-manager.service - DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/draws-manager.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-03-25 16:34:53 EDT; 1min 34s ago
Docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager
Main PID: 595 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! errno 1
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! webapp@0.0.1 start: `node ./bin/www`
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! Exit status 1
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR!
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! Failed at the webapp@0.0.1 start script.
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additio…t above.
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws npm[595]: npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2021-03-25T20_34_53_699Z-debug.log
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: draws-manager.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 25 16:34:53 kd4iz2draws systemd[1]: draws-manager.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Status for draws-manager: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $
---------------------
NOW after a COLD BOOT (yes, really from power off):

pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ mgr-ctrl.sh status
● draws-manager.service - DRAWS™ Manager - A web application to manage the DRAW™ HAT configuration.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/draws-manager.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

Status for draws-manager: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $
-----------------
So now all indications at this point are that Manager is not running and not enabled. (I really did do this before)
The sound control seemed wonky earlier so now went back and first ran aplay -l, then alsa-show.sh:

pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ aplay -l
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 2: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So aplay -l seemed correct, I have an HDMI monitor with sound along with the headphone and UDRC devices listed. So alsa-show.sh takes me off the rails:

pi@kd4iz2draws:~ $ alsa-show.sh
==== List All sound card device names (3)
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
card 2: udrc [udrc]

======= DRAWS
===== ALSA Controls for Radio Transmit =====
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
LO Driver Gain L: R:
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
PCM L: R:

===== ALSA Controls for Radio Receive =====
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
ADC Level L: R:
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
IN1 L:[] R:[]
IN2 L:[] R:[]
CM L:[] R:[]

This is interesting, because when I went on to look at Direwolf response by
using btest.sh and got:

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/debug $ ./btest.sh
*** Running as user: pi ***
gpsd is installed but not returning sentences.
Send a message beacon
Sent: /usr/local/sbin/beacon -c KD4IZ-11 -d 'APUDR1 via WIDE1-1' -l -s udr0 :KD4IZ :25 16:49:36 EDT KD4IZ mesg_beacon test from host kd4iz2draws on port udr0 Seq: 0

FT-817 did not key up... Also was worried that gpsd was wonky so:

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/n7nix/debug $ cgps
┌───────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Time: │
│ Latitude: │
│ Longitude: │
│ Alt (HAE, MSL): │
│ Speed: │
│ Track │
│ Climb: │
│ Long Err (XDOP, EPX): │
│ Lat Err (YDOP, EPY): │
│ Alt Err (VDOP, EPV): │
│ 2D Err (HDOP, CEP): │
│ 3D Err (PDOP, SEP): │
│ Time Err (TDOP): │
│ Geo Err (GDOP): │
│ ECEF X, VX: │
│ ECEF Y, VY: │
│ ECEF Z, VZ: │
│ Speed Err (EPS): │
│ Track Err (EPD): │
│ Time offset: │
│ Grid Square: │
└───────────────────────────────────────────┘

And gpsmon just gives a blank screen.

Finally, I deactivated the AX.25 stuff and ran fldigi/flrig... I get rig control, but a dead carrier, can't transmit any sound.

I'm going to go up to the mailbox, help upstairs, eat, then I might feel like troubleshooting some more. I am worried that this DRAWS hat is misbehaving. It is the production model that Bryan sent me to replace one of the 2 early experience boards that suddenly died on me.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
Cell: (410) 207-5123

pi@kd4iz2draws:~/Desktop $ mgr-ctrl.sh status ● draws-manager.service
[...]

I believe you are doing everything I am telling you. draws-manager is
out of the equation and does not appear to be the problem. You have a
unique symptom that appears to change within the first few minutes after
you boot up.

amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Remote I/O error
This usually means you've lost one of the busses like i2c or something
similar.

A couple of things to look at:

# RPi temperature value:

Either:
pi_throt.sh
or
vcgencmd measure_temp

# gps

Just run buginfo.sh
it will tell you if the gps serial ports are working.

FT-817 did not key up
# for PTT key up problems, use this script:
# Turn left connector PTT on
ptt_ctrl.sh -l on

# Turn left connector PTT off
ptt_ctrl.sh -l off

What I would do:

1. get an RPi core temp after a cold boot
2. run buginfo.sh to see if gps is working OK
3. check you email or just waste a couple of minutes
4. Do 1. & 2. above again.
5. Try a different RPi if you have one laying around.

I find bourbon helps with "braincramps", however, your mileage may vary.

/Basil

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> writes:

Hi Basil,

I need to walk away from this... I am finally going into "braincramp" status. The following should show you where I went with this:

Jack Spitznagel

Supper helped... and I have a bottle of Makers Mark at hand. I left the unit off, so we’ll see how it behaves using the steps below.

Jack - KD4IZ

On Mar 25, 2021, at 18:03, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

[...]

Well Crap!

The Pi3B+ I just bought last week is the culprit. It seemed to work OK at first blush, but shortly it began to do some of those unpredictable things we were chasing. At first temp was not particularly high (40C) , but has been climbing way to quickly. DRAWS case with a fan and powered by the buck reg on the hat. I did the pi_throt.sh routine a couple more times after a cold start and it had climbed quickly into the 57-59C range and was throttling back. So, I pulled out a spare Pi4 that I had used previously, used the same microSD card, and it came to life. Manager started normally and works, and the FT-817 can TX normally from either fldigi or Xastir/Direwolf. The pi is in a plexiglass layer cake frame that has a fan mounted in between the Pi and the hat, maintaining temp at 37C after 30 minutes of uptime.

Shit like that makes me crazy and I feel bad that I made you waste a lot of time puzzling it out with me... I sincerely apologize for that! Now I hope I can talk MicroCenter into giving me a replacement Pi3B+.

Jack - KD4IZ
Please pardon the swearing...

[...]

A friend of mine has had 2 Pi 3B+ go into thermal runaway. The thing we
concluded was that the heat sinks were not installed properly or cheap
heat sinks did not bond properly to the chips and running the RPi hot
for extended periods does some damage to the RPi.

I became a little obsessive about temperature and have a project that
plots RPi CPU temp, ambient temp with a DHT11 (inexpensive 5 for under
$10) and CPU activity. Graph displays in a web page:
https://github.com/n7nix/rpi-temp-graph#screen-shot-of-temperature--cpu-activity-plots

Project is here:
https://github.com/n7nix/rpi-temp-graph

At first temp was not particularly high (40C)
, but has been climbing way to quickly. DRAWS case with a fan and
powered by the buck reg on the hat. I did the pi_throt.sh routine a
couple more times after a cold start and it had climbed quickly into
the 57-59C range and was throttling back. So, I pulled out a spare Pi4
that I had used previously, used the same microSD card, and it came to
life. Manager started normally and works, and the FT-817 can TX
normally from either fldigi or Xastir/Direwolf. The pi is in a
plexiglass layer cake frame that has a fan mounted in between the Pi
and the hat, maintaining temp at 37C after 30 minutes of uptime.

Shit like that makes me crazy and I feel bad that I made you waste a
lot of time puzzling it out with me... I sincerely apologize for that!
Not a waste of time for me. I enjoy working with you Jack

Now I hope I can talk MicroCenter into giving me a replacement Pi3B+.
Good luck.

Jack - KD4IZ
Please pardon the swearing...