ax25ipd- is something broken, or is the WIKI not up to date?

Basil Gunn

Run the following 3 scripts and post the console output.

ax25-restart
ax25-status

cd
cd n7nix/bin

./buginfo.sh

Tim Huffaker <thuffaker@mindspring.com> writes:

I saw this and I am having a similar issue AX25 looks like its not connected but YAAC is showing data. I do not see the ax25 devices ax0 and ax1 not configured. Did I miss a step setting up my image. How is YAAC seeing data?

Tim
KM4ESU

~ $ ax25-status
Status for direwolf.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25dev.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25dev.path: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25-mheardd.service: NOT RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25d.service: NOT RUNNING and NOT ENABLED
AX.25 device: ax0 not configured
AX.25 device: ax1 not configured
Direwolf is running with pid of 24698
port: 0, speed: 1200, slottime: 200, txdelay: 500, t1 timeout: , t2 timeout:
port: 1, speed: 1200, slottime: 200, txdelay: 500, t1 timeout: , t2 timeout:
Device: ax0 does NOT exist, Device: ax1 does NOT exist

Andrew P.

YAAC doesn't connect to the kernel AX.25 stack via AX25 sockets; it connects via a TCP/IP local socket directly to the Direwolf process (typically, TCP port 8000).

Andrew, KA2DDO
author of YAAC

[...]

Tim Huffaker

[...]

Weird...

I had other terminals open, and it must have been making a mess of
things...I closed the other terminals, and ran the same commands and
they worked as advertised...

...but previously I was getting numerous errors about files or
directories not existing... I can't explain it, I know enough by now
installing Draws to exactly do the commands in order...so not sure
what process was blocking things.

Sorry...
No problem Mike. Interested in any problems that come up. When you do
have problems supplying the console output in your post is a big help.

Mike B

Weird...

I had other terminals open, and it must have been making a mess of things...I closed the other terminals, and ran the same commands and they worked as advertised...

...but previously I was getting numerous errors about files or directories not existing...  I can't explain it, I know enough by now installing Draws to exactly do the commands in order...so not sure what process was blocking things.

Sorry...

Back to regular scheduled programming...

Mike
KF5DEY

Basil Gunn

ax25-status ax25-start ax25-stop all get copied your local bin directory
so they are in your path.

which ax25-status ax25-start ax25-stop
/home/pi/bin/ax25-status
/home/pi/bin/ax25-start
/home/pi/bin/ax25-stop

All of the "Testing AX.25" section works for me.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/VERIFY_CONFIG.md#testing-ax25

Even though these scripts are in your path when logged in as user pi
they are not in your path when logged in as root. Scripts ax25-start & ax25-stop
require you to be root. When logged in as user pi, ax25-status will work
from any directory.

cd
cd bin
sudo su
ax25-stop
ax25-start

...in the section of ax25 testing, none of that in the wiki seems to
work any more.
Perhaps you can be more specific & give an example and a link to the
Wiki you are referring to.

Mike B <kf5dey@gmail.com> writes:

I am doing a new install, and double checking some things...in the section of ax25 testing, none of that in the wiki seems to work any more.

In my ax25 directory there is ax25ipd-stop and -start, no ax25-status to be found etc.

It is sending and receiving packets over the APRS freq (according to the raw packets function of APRS.FI)

I just want to know if there was a functional change, and the wiki hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike B