Topics

app_config.sh

J P Watters <kc9kko@...>

What does app_config.sh messenger do? I searched the WIKI without sucess.

I ran app_config.sh without any parameters and it shows  command line Usage: app_config.sh [-d][-h][core][plu][rmsgw][messanger]
   core      MUST be run before any other config
   plu       Configures paclink-unix & email applications
   rmsgw     Configures Linux RMS Gateway
   messanger Configures messanger appliance
   -d        set debug flag
   -h        no arg, display this message

Basil Gunn

J P,
I need to clean-up app_config.sh a little.

The 'messenger' config was to bring up a web interface for both Winlink
& APRS messages. The goal was to be able to run Winlink & APRS in my
truck from a web browser on my Android tablet.

What happened was the default paclink-unix config now installs the
paclink-unix winlink web app & SMTP mail server. There is an option in
app_config.sh, plumin, to just install minimum paclink-unix and a
console based email client. Last year I switched the defualt
paclink-unix install to be a complete web app install.

To get the messenger application I originally envisioned you need to
install paclink-unix then nixtracker (forked from dantracker). Nixtracker has a modified web app (from the paclink-unix
only web app) that supports both APRS & winlink messaging. To compose a
winlink message you use Rainloop (https://www.rainloop.net/) webmail
then send it with the paclink-unix web interface. The APRS messaging is
pretty basic but it supports acks.

Hope this makes sense.

/Basil n7nix