Topics

Backups and Updates


john.chabalko@...
 

Hi there, i have 2 questions related to the DRAWs hat on a Raspberry Pi 3B+

  • Is there current guidance for applying operating system updates on an RPi 3b+ running the DRAWs hat? I'm running the stock image from ~1 year ago still. I updated not long after getting it and there was a conflict (at the time) with the audio driver so reverted back to the base image at the time
  • Is there a list, or document, describing which relevant config files should be backed up to be able to restore my system in the event of a SD card failure?
    • Or is there a script that collects the files and spits out a tarball?
  • I've run 'prog_refresh -c' a few times lately and it shows updates available for a couple of software packages, but when i then run 'prog_refresh' it doesn't update them
    • I have run 'git pull' prior to 'prog_refresh -c'
Any pointers to messages about this stuff would be fine too, i was searching through groups.io and haven't hit pay dirt yet.

73


Basil Gunn
 

Hi there, i have 2 questions related to the DRAWs hat on a Raspberry
Pi 3B+

- Is there current guidance for applying operating system updates on an
RPi 3b+ running the DRAWs hat? I'm running the stock image from ~1 year ago
still.
If you are running on an image that's about a year old I would recommend
starting from a current image. The reason is around May of last year
some of Anna's driver patches for the DRAWS/UDRC hat where being
accepted into the mainline Linux kernel. After all the patches made it
into the kernel everything worked well. Unfortunately the patches
dribbled in and things were unstable for a few months beginning last
summer.

I updated not long after getting it and there was a conflict (at
the time) with the audio driver so reverted back to the base image
at the time
- Is there a list, or document, describing which relevant config files
should be backed up to be able to restore my system in the event of a SD
card failure?
Depends on what applications you configured, so no.

- Or is there a script that collects the files and spits out a
tarball?
Nope. I could probably do it for packet ie. ax.25/direwolf/RMS
gateway/paclink-unix but the HF programs configuration do not follow any
established convention ... that I am aware of.

- I've run 'prog_refresh -c' a few times lately and it shows updates
available for a couple of software packages, but when i then run
'prog_refresh' it doesn't update them
I would have to see console output to comment on this.

- I have run 'git pull' prior to 'prog_refresh -c'

Any pointers to messages about this stuff would be fine too, i was
searching through groups.io and haven't hit pay dirt yet.
To be clear, I don't back-up most of my SD cards. However, since I know
how to squish the file system & compress the image I tend to store
complete SD card images. ie. a 16 GB SD card image can be reduced to
about a 2.5GB image file. This image file can be used to (re)create any SD
card equal to or greater than 16GB. Building & burning images is done on
a Linux workstation.

The reason I don't back-up is that with the scripts I have made available I
can start from a fresh mSD card and install/configure anything in
around 30 minutes. For instance I can create a 1200/9600 baud
point-to-point or RMS Gateway Winlink packet station in that time.

/Basil n7nix


Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
 

Follow up question.................

Now that I have a stable config with NWDR-15 : How do I use a USB micro SD Card device
to replicate the entire active SD card?

Ed, KD9FRQ

On 4/9/2020 5:49 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:
Hi there, i have 2 questions related to the DRAWs hat on a Raspberry
Pi 3B+

- Is there current guidance for applying operating system updates on an
RPi 3b+ running the DRAWs hat? I'm running the stock image from ~1 year ago
still.
If you are running on an image that's about a year old I would recommend
starting from a current image. The reason is around May of last year
some of Anna's driver patches for the DRAWS/UDRC hat where being
accepted into the mainline Linux kernel. After all the patches made it
into the kernel everything worked well. Unfortunately the patches
dribbled in and things were unstable for a few months beginning last
summer.

I updated not long after getting it and there was a conflict (at
the time) with the audio driver so reverted back to the base image
at the time
- Is there a list, or document, describing which relevant config files
should be backed up to be able to restore my system in the event of a SD
card failure?
Depends on what applications you configured, so no.

- Or is there a script that collects the files and spits out a
tarball?
Nope. I could probably do it for packet ie. ax.25/direwolf/RMS
gateway/paclink-unix but the HF programs configuration do not follow any
established convention ... that I am aware of.

- I've run 'prog_refresh -c' a few times lately and it shows updates
available for a couple of software packages, but when i then run
'prog_refresh' it doesn't update them
I would have to see console output to comment on this.

- I have run 'git pull' prior to 'prog_refresh -c'

Any pointers to messages about this stuff would be fine too, i was
searching through groups.io and haven't hit pay dirt yet.
To be clear, I don't back-up most of my SD cards. However, since I know
how to squish the file system & compress the image I tend to store
complete SD card images. ie. a 16 GB SD card image can be reduced to
about a 2.5GB image file. This image file can be used to (re)create any SD
card equal to or greater than 16GB. Building & burning images is done on
a Linux workstation.

The reason I don't back-up is that with the scripts I have made available I
can start from a fresh mSD card and install/configure anything in
around 30 minutes. For instance I can create a 1200/9600 baud
point-to-point or RMS Gateway Winlink packet station in that time.

/Basil n7nix


Gayland Gump
 

On your pi under Raspberry Menu/Accessories/SD Card Copier assuming that you've managed to pickup a usb sd card reader/writer when you've either purchased and SD card or bought one ( a very useful item in Pi World).  Instructions for using it should be readily available with a bit of internet searching.

This is the simplest, most straightforward method I know of.  Have a few SD cards handy and when you make any significant changes to your system, use this to make a backup.

Gayland
KG7GCF


On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 4:06 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Follow up question.................

Now that I have a stable config with NWDR-15 : How do I use a USB micro
SD Card device
to replicate the entire active SD card?

Ed, KD9FRQ

On 4/9/2020 5:49 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:
> Hi there, i have 2 questions related to the DRAWs hat on a Raspberry
>> Pi 3B+
>>
>>     - Is there current guidance for applying operating system updates on an
>>     RPi 3b+ running the DRAWs hat? I'm running the stock image from ~1 year ago
>>     still.
> If you are running on an image that's about a year old I would recommend
> starting from a current image. The reason is around May of last year
> some of Anna's driver patches for the DRAWS/UDRC hat where being
> accepted into the mainline Linux kernel. After all the patches made it
> into the kernel everything worked well. Unfortunately the patches
> dribbled in and things were unstable for a few months beginning last
> summer.
>
>>      I updated not long after getting it and there was a conflict (at
>>     the time) with the audio driver so reverted back to the base image
>>     at the time
>>     - Is there a list, or document, describing which relevant config files
>>     should be backed up to be able to restore my system in the event of a SD
>>     card failure?
> Depends on what applications you configured, so no.
>
>>        - Or is there a script that collects the files and spits out a
>>        tarball?
> Nope. I could probably do it for packet ie. ax.25/direwolf/RMS
> gateway/paclink-unix but the HF programs configuration do not follow any
> established convention ... that I am aware of.
>
>>        - I've run 'prog_refresh -c' a few times lately and it shows updates
>>     available for a couple of software packages, but when i then run
>>     'prog_refresh' it doesn't update them
> I would have to see console output to comment on this.
>
>>        - I have run 'git pull' prior to 'prog_refresh -c'
>>
>> Any pointers to messages about this stuff would be fine too, i was
>> searching through groups.io and haven't hit pay dirt yet.
> To be clear, I don't back-up most of my SD cards. However, since I know
> how to squish the file system & compress the image I tend to store
> complete SD card images. ie. a 16 GB SD card image can be reduced to
> about a 2.5GB image file. This image file can be used to (re)create any SD
> card equal to or greater than 16GB. Building & burning images is done on
> a Linux workstation.
>
> The reason I don't back-up is that with the scripts I have made available I
> can start from a fresh mSD card and install/configure anything in
> around 30 minutes. For instance I can create a 1200/9600 baud
> point-to-point or RMS Gateway Winlink packet station in that time.
>
> /Basil n7nix




john.chabalko@...
 

Thanks Basil, i followed your advice last night and went ahead with a fresh rebuild - everything went fine and it also appears to have solved whatever was going on with prog_refresh not updating everything too. That dist-upgrade take a long time on a raspberry pi though ;) I started it kind of late and just let it run into the night.

The last time i did was during the time that the audio drivers were still being incorporated into the kernel - which i think was the root of my problem last year.

So going forward is it recommended to manage the linux os updates as i would on any other machine - updating OS packages periodically and applying OS patches regularly?

There are a couple of wonky things in the setup instructions i noticed
  • When you run ./app_config.sh core if you change the hostname of the rpi (which is one of the early steps) it throws a number of errors later on related to the previous (still current?) hostname of the device.
  • I was able to use a wpa_supplicant.conf and to enable ssh on the sd card after imaging it but i couldn't connect to the device via the "draws.local" hostname after boot. I don't see an updated hostname in the setup doc and that's what it used to be called from my notes. I ended up reimaging the card and connecting the rpi to my TV where i found that it was up and running on the network so i just connected to it directly by IP. I might try to play around with this again and see what it's doing. I tend to set up and run these things headless so that first time of connecting can be dicey.
Thanks for your help - here's the current state of my OS and applications, and everything's working great with radio control and audio routing.

cheers, 73
-john

pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ uname -a
Linux n3ap-p 4.19.97-v7+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:15:58 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ cat /etc/debian_version
10.3
pi@n3ap-p:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

pi@n3ap-p:~ $ prog_refresh.sh -c
js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
wsjtx:   current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc:  current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi:  current version: 4.1.11, installed: 4.1.11
flrig:  current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50
flmsg:  current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14
flamp:  current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05
fllog:  current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6
xastir: current version: 2.1.5, installed: 2.1.5
gp_verchk.sh: Detected gpsd package.
gpsd: current version: 3.20, installed: 3.20


Basil Gunn
 

Now that I have a stable config with NWDR-15 : How do I use a USB
micro SD Card device to replicate the entire active SD card?
The answer to this question depends on which operating system you are
using on the machine with the USB device, Linux/MAC/Windows.

If you google this topic you will get a lot of responses for things to
try and some of them might even work. I make a LOT of images using my
Linux workstation so my notes reflect that. I have a number of friends
that use a MAC and we have found a solution when using that OS as well.
For Windows there is a lengthy thread on the RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio
groups.io group that might be helpful. I can't really comment on the
Windows solution since I never use it.

Please read a file that I've recently added to our github repo with some
notes so that you can see what I recommend.

How to make an SD card image backup
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/SDCARD_BACKUP.md

/Basil


 

The method Gayland provided runs directly on the Pi with a GUI enabled. You need to attach an SD Card Reader/Writer

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:57 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Now that I have a stable config with NWDR-15 : How do I use a USB
> micro SD Card device to replicate the entire active SD card?

The answer to this question depends on which operating system you are
using on the machine with the USB device, Linux/MAC/Windows.

If you google this topic you will get a lot of responses for things to
try and some of them might even work. I make a LOT of images using my
Linux workstation so my notes reflect that. I have a number of friends
that use a MAC and we have found a solution when using that OS as well.
For Windows there is a lengthy thread on the RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio
groups.io group that might be helpful. I can't really comment on the
Windows solution since I never use it.

Please read a file that I've recently added to our github repo with some
notes so that you can see what I recommend.

How to make an SD card image backup
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/SDCARD_BACKUP.md

/Basil





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Basil Gunn
 

john.chabalko@... writes:

Thanks Basil, i followed your advice last night and went ahead with a
fresh rebuild - everything went fine and it also appears to have
solved whatever was going on with prog_refresh not updating everything
too. That dist-upgrade take a long time on a raspberry pi though ;)
Yes. I need to make a new image that updates all the packages.

I started it kind of late and just let it run into the night.

The last time i did was during the time that the audio drivers were
still being incorporated into the kernel - which i think was the root
of my problem last year.

So going forward is it recommended to manage the linux os updates as i
would on any other machine - updating OS packages periodically and
applying OS patches regularly?
Sure. This works fine as the DRAWS/UDRC driver is now part of mainline Linux

There are a couple of wonky things in the setup instructions (
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started
) i noticed

* When you run ./app_config.sh core if you change the hostname of the
rpi (which is one of the early steps) it throws a number of errors
later on related to the previous (still current?) hostname of the
device.
To be expected until you do a reboot.

* I was able to use a wpa_supplicant.conf and to enable ssh on the sd
card after imaging it but i couldn't connect to the device via the
"draws.local" hostname after boot.
ssh pi@<ip_address_of_pi>
Works from first boot with an Ethernet cable

If you want to use a machine host name then:
* Add an entry to /etc/hosts
ie.
<ip_address_of_pi> hactar hactar.localnet

* Since the ip address comes from a DHCP server this address will last
until you have a power failure or reboot your router.
* To change you RPi to have a fixed ip address on your Ethernet device only.
* look at your router config to see where the DHCP range starts.
* Run fixed_ip.sh script to change ip address of your RPi.

Usage: fixed_ip.sh [-l][-s][-w][-y][-d][-h] last_ip_octet or complete ip address
Default to setting a static ip address
-y --dhcp set Ethernet device to use DHCP
-l --link show all devices that have link
-s --show show all devices with ip4 addresses
-w --wifi set wifi address
-d --debug set debug mode, will not change any files
-h display this message

I don't see an updated hostname in the setup doc
??
run hostname from a console prompt.

and that's what it used to be called from my notes. I
ended up reimaging the card and connecting the rpi to my TV where i
found that it was up and running on the network so i just connected to
it directly by IP. I might try to play around with this again and see
what it's doing. I tend to set up and run these things headless so
that first time of connecting can be dicey.
To find ip address of a headless RPi
* Look in the dhcp table of your router
* Run the following command from another (Linux) machine.
- This will port knock the SSH port number on your subnet.
- requires the root ip address of your subnet.

nmap -p 22 --open -sV <first_3_octets_of_subnet>.* -Pn
ie.
nmap -p 22 --open -sV 10.0.42.* -Pn

Thanks for your help - here's the current state of my OS and applications, and everything's working great with radio control and audio routing.

cheers, 73
-john

pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ uname -a


Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
 

Thank you.

During my WFH lunch hour, I was able to successfully use that method and copy the SD card that was used to boot the Pi.

I swapped the cards and the Pi booted as expected.

Now...…………..to get the extra 2m antennas up.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access


-----Original Message-----
From: John D Hays - K7VE <john@...>
To: udrc <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 10, 2020 1:03 pm
Subject: Re: [draws and udrc] Backups and Updates

The method Gayland provided runs directly on the Pi with a GUI enabled. You need to attach an SD Card Reader/Writer

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:57 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Now that I have a stable config with NWDR-15 : How do I use a USB
> micro SD Card device to replicate the entire active SD card?

The answer to this question depends on which operating system you are
using on the machine with the USB device, Linux/MAC/Windows.

If you google this topic you will get a lot of responses for things to
try and some of them might even work. I make a LOT of images using my
Linux workstation so my notes reflect that. I have a number of friends
that use a MAC and we have found a solution when using that OS as well.
For Windows there is a lengthy thread on the RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio
groups.io group that might be helpful. I can't really comment on the
Windows solution since I never use it.

Please read a file that I've recently added to our github repo with some
notes so that you can see what I recommend.

How to make an SD card image backup
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/SDCARD_BACKUP.md

/Basil





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Basil Gunn
 

If you are running a monitor with your RPi, Gayland's suggestion of
using the Raspbian 'SD Card Copier' is by far the easiest. It even resizes
to accommodate the size of the target mSD card. Nice.

/Basil n7nix

Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> writes:

On your pi under Raspberry Menu/Accessories/SD Card Copier assuming that
you've managed to pickup a usb sd card reader/writer when you've either
purchased and SD card or bought one ( a very useful item in Pi World).
Instructions for using it should be readily available with a bit of
internet searching.

This is the simplest, most straightforward method I know of. Have a few SD
cards handy and when you make any significant changes to your system, use
this to make a backup.

Gayland KG7GCF


 

You can also run the GUI through VNC to make the copy :)

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 2:08 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

If you are running a monitor with your RPi, Gayland's suggestion of
using the Raspbian 'SD Card Copier' is by far the easiest. It even resizes
to accommodate the size of the target mSD card. Nice.

/Basil n7nix

Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> writes:

> On your pi under Raspberry Menu/Accessories/SD Card Copier assuming that
> you've managed to pickup a usb sd card reader/writer when you've either
> purchased and SD card or bought one ( a very useful item in Pi World).
> Instructions for using it should be readily available with a bit of
> internet searching.
>
> This is the simplest, most straightforward method I know of.  Have a few SD
> cards handy and when you make any significant changes to your system, use
> this to make a backup.
>
> Gayland KG7GCF





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


 

image.png

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 2:14 PM John D Hays - K7VE via groups.io <john=hays.org@groups.io> wrote:
You can also run the GUI through VNC to make the copy :)

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 2:08 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

If you are running a monitor with your RPi, Gayland's suggestion of
using the Raspbian 'SD Card Copier' is by far the easiest. It even resizes
to accommodate the size of the target mSD card. Nice.

/Basil n7nix

Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> writes:

> On your pi under Raspberry Menu/Accessories/SD Card Copier assuming that
> you've managed to pickup a usb sd card reader/writer when you've either
> purchased and SD card or bought one ( a very useful item in Pi World).
> Instructions for using it should be readily available with a bit of
> internet searching.
>
> This is the simplest, most straightforward method I know of.  Have a few SD
> cards handy and when you make any significant changes to your system, use
> this to make a backup.
>
> Gayland KG7GCF





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


john.chabalko@...
 

Thanks Basil, what i was trying to use is provided by mDNS - which seems to work after initial setup but not during initial boot.
  • I image the SD card with a fresh DRAWs image
  • copy wpa_supplicant.conf to /Volume/boot/
  • touch /Volume/boot/ssh
  • Insert card into headless raspberry pi
  • wait a minute or 2
  • from my workstation: ssh pi@... (as i don't know the IP address yet and i think the default hostname used to be draws) which works via mdns
  • The default password listed in the setup doc has changed since the last time i installed it so i figured the default hostname may have also, but didn't see it listed.

Last night i tried to do that with a couple of images and then gave up and plugged it into a TV where the IP address was displayed on the screen. Makes me think i missed something. Once i had the IP i was able to connect fine remotely and complete the setup after i connected it back to my radio.

I thought this worked before but it's been a while since i've set up DRAWs. It does work correctly on a pi-star setup.

I was going to do it via a wired connection and couldn't find my long ethernet cable - which i of course found right after i got it sorted out ;)

73
-john


Mike B
 

This topic prompted me to do a software update again...

I got this in the middle of it...

fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12)

is this an issue?  Do I just ignore it? how do I get rid of the message?


Basil Gunn
 

Without seeing all of your console output I can't really comment on what
went wrong in your case. I went to one of testing RPi's and did the
following & it worked successfully. It takes a while to build FLdigi &
FLrig.

I am going to guess you didn't use the latest version of hf_verchk.sh
which sets the file system swap size to something that works for the
fldigi build. It does this without requiring a reboot. From my console
output you can see that flrig & fldigi both needed updating and both
succeeded.

Send me the output of:

cd
cd n7nix/hfprogs
./hf_verchk.sh -s

This is what I did to update my HF programs

cd
cd n7nix
git pull
cd hfprogs
./hf_verchk.sh
./hf_verchk.sh -u
./hf_verchk.sh

This is my console output without the build & install output.

./hf_verchk.sh
js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
wsjtx: current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.09
flrig: current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.49
flmsg: current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14
flamp: current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05
fllog: current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6

pi@testit2:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -u
Update HF apps after checking version numbers.

js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
version is current
wsjtx: current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
version is current
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
version is current
fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.09
versions are different and WILL be updated.

Install HF programs

User specified: pi
Install fldigi ver: 4.1.12

...
lots of build/install output for fldigi & flrig
...

To verify that the build & install worked.

$ ./hf_verchk.sh
js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
wsjtx: current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.12
flrig: current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50
flmsg: current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14
flamp: current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05
fllog: current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6

Mike B <kf5dey@...> writes:

This topic prompted me to do a software update again...

I got this in the middle of it...

fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12)

is this an issue? Do I just ignore it? how do I get rid of the message?


Mike B
 

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -u
Update HF apps after checking version numbers.

js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1          version is current
wsjtx:   current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2          version is current
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc:  current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4        version is current
fldigi:  current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12)         version is current
flrig:  current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50        version is current
flmsg:  current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14        version is current
flamp:  current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05        version is current
fllog:  current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6        version is current
       
pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -s
Display swap space used.
Using swap space: 245396
swap size: 1048572 1048572


Basil Gunn
 

I made a change to the hf_verchk.sh script that should force a new
download & build when the built version doesn't match the latest source
version. This will happen if your build fails for some reason.

Get the latest scripts
cd
cd n7nix
git pull

# Now check versions

cd hfprogs
./hf_verchk.sh

# Try an update

./hf_verchk.sh -u

# This should force a new download & build.

If this doesn't work I will need to see all of your console output to
figure out what your build problem is. You have plenty of swap space to
build fldigi.

/Basil n7nix

Mike B <kf5dey@...> writes:

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -u
Update HF apps after checking version numbers.

js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1 version is current
wsjtx: current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2 version is current
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4 version is current
fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12) version is current
flrig: current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50 version is current
flmsg: current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14 version is current
flamp: current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05 version is current
fllog: current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6 version is current

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -s
Display swap space used.
Using swap space: 245396
swap size: 1048572 1048572


Mike B
 

I don't know if I did the git pull the first time, but I definitely did it this time...

...I have the same result, I wonder if I need to start over.

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -s
Display swap space used.
Using swap space: 137312
swap size: 1048572 1048572

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh
js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
wsjtx:   current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc:  current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi:  current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12)
flrig:  current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50
flmsg:  current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14
flamp:  current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05
fllog:  current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6


Basil Gunn
 

Mike B <kf5dey@...> writes:

I don't know if I did the git pull the first time, but I definitely
did it this time...
You have a broken build. I put in a fix for that and checked that script
in. The updater you are running does NOT appear to be the latest
version. Show me ALL the console output including the git pull.

...I have the same result, I wonder if I need to start over.
Delete all the fldigi files & directories from /usr/local/src

sudo su
cd /usr/local/src
rm fldigi-*
rm -r fldigi-4.1.12
rm -r fldigi-4.1.09

# Now run the updater
./hf_verchk.sh -u

I need to see all your console output.

/Basil

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh -s
Display swap space used.
Using swap space: 137312
swap size: 1048572 1048572

pi@draws:~/n7nix/hfprogs $ ./hf_verchk.sh
js8call: current version: 2.1.1, installed: 2.1.1
wsjtx: current version: 2.1.2, installed: 2.1.2
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: current version: 0.1.4, installed: 0.1.4
fldigi: current version: 4.1.12, installed: 4.1.12
fldigi version built (4.1.09) does not match source version (4.1.12)
flrig: current version: 1.3.50, installed: 1.3.50
flmsg: current version: 4.0.14, installed: 4.0.14
flamp: current version: 2.2.05, installed: 2.2.05
fllog: current version: 1.2.6, installed: 1.2.6


Mike B
 

It doesn't like fldigi...