Topics

Compass Pi - Repeater Beacon and Time

graham@...
 

Looking for some direction for adding the repeater call sign beacon and time announcement.  We have a DSTAR ICOM repeater stack and would like to have the repeater beacon so we are compliant and also have time announcement every hour.  I know I have these options on the image I use as a hotspot but did not see anything on the compass image.

Thanks

Graham

 

Graham,

The configuration software and features are all the same (G4KLX).  What are you using on the Hotspot?  

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM, <graham@...> wrote:

Looking for some direction for adding the repeater call sign beacon and time announcement.  We have a DSTAR ICOM repeater stack and would like to have the repeater beacon so we are compliant and also have time announcement every hour.  I know I have these options on the image I use as a hotspot but did not see anything on the compass image.

Thanks

Graham




--


John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
   

graham@...
 

I am using the Western Digital image from Jonathan Nayler.  

 

Sorry -- I meant are you using timeserver or configuration in ircddbgateway or dstarrepeater.

I don't use the other 'images' so I don't know how they are setup.  Those images, like Compass, use programs originating with Jonathan Naylor, it is mostly packaging other than the UDRC driver support in the Compass kernel.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM, <graham@...> wrote:
I am using the Western Digital image from Jonathan Nayler.  




--


John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
   

graham@...
 

We are using configuration in ircddbgateway.

graham@...
 

Thanks for the help, we have the repeater now announcing the time.  However we have configured it to announce time and call sign but it is not announcing the call sign.  Any thoughts on that.  The call sign is in the config file.

 

That would be something you might to check on the ircddbgateway list and the documents in it's files section. 

On Apr 1, 2017 6:56 PM, <graham@...> wrote:
Thanks for the help, we have the repeater now announcing the time.  However we have configured it to announce time and call sign but it is not announcing the call sign.  Any thoughts on that.  The call sign is in the config file.