Topics

Cooling fan to 5V+ & - pins #4 & 6 (conflicts w/ DRAWS pin use)

Richard-K7HUM

Help Bryan, or somebody,
I have a pin conflict with the DRAWS hat.  The cooling fan that I am using is the Geekworm P165 (which comes attached to the top of an aluminum embedded heat sink - see attached - if image if files files are allowed).  The cooling fan was supposed to be powered with 5V from GPIO pins #4 & #6.  But the DRAWS hat uses all the pins and does not extend any of them above the board most unfortunately. Is there another pin to connect my fan (other than soldering to the top of the DRAWS soldered pins)?  For instance the pins adjacent to the 12V power port?  (They would be easier to solder to from the back side.

Thanks,

Richard

cooling fan connection.jpg
--
Richard Gage, AIA, Architect

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Visit the website     Sign the Petition    Donate to AE911Truth    Volunteer at AE911Truth

Kevin K. - N7KJK

Pins 1 and 8 in the black connector next to power input.  There's a spec on the entire DRAWS hat in the documents section.  I'm using it to run run two .10 amp fans.

Kevin

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 7:40 AM Richard-K7HUM <rgage33@...> wrote:
[...]

Basil Gunn

As Kevin pointed out.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/DRAWS_AUX_PORT.md

Diagram of Accessory connector: scroll to bottom
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/files/DRAWSTech.pdf

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 7:40 AM Richard-K7HUM <@RichardGage33> wrote:

Help Bryan, or somebody,
I have a pin conflict with the DRAWS hat. The cooling fan that I am using
is the Geekworm P165 (which comes attached to the top of an aluminum
embedded heat sink - see attached - if image if files files are allowed).
The cooling fan was supposed to be powered with 5V from GPIO pins #4 & #6.
But the DRAWS hat uses all the pins and does not extend any of them above
the board most unfortunately. Is there another pin to connect my fan (other
than soldering to the top of the DRAWS soldered pins)? For instance the
pins adjacent to the 12V power port? (They would be easier to solder to
from the back side.

Thanks,

Richard

[image: cooling fan connection.jpg]