Topics

core_install.sh failures

Bernard f6bvp / ai7bg

Hi,
Harware is a RaspBerry Pi 3B with an DRAWS HAT and I am runing HAMPI 1.0 with stretch
Linux raspberrypi 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

My today challenge is to use n7nix scripts in order to set-up a new system starting from HAMPI 1.0 image !

Here I describe how I did the first steps with the distro.

I cloned n7nix scripts ;
git clone https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix.git

I entered into config

and ran ./core_install.sh

then ./core_config

After reboot aplay -l showed that DRAWS hat driver was started.

carte 2: udrc [udrc], périphérique 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0

An FTM-100D Transceiver was connected to left DRAWS din6 plug with a dedicated din6 cable for the trx din plug.
After copy of direwolf.conf into /home/pi/ Direwolf  -t 0 -x could transmit calibration tone

This seems all fine, however in order to achieve this I had to perform some tricks.

First, ./core_install.sh script stopped at direwolf step with the following message :
Test if direwolf has been installed
direwolf already installed
Direwolf: config file NOT installed!
copying direwolf config file from package to /etc/direwolf.conf
cp: impossible d'évaluer '/usr/share/doc/direwolf/examples/direwolf.conf*': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
gzip: /etc/direwolf.conf.gz: No such file or directory
core_install.sh: direwolf install failed!

Hampi distro did not install direwolf/examples !
I had to comment with an # the following lines  and run again the script.

#if [ ! -e /etc/direwolf.conf ] ; then
#   echo "$scriptname: direwolf install failed!"
#   exit 1
#
#   echo "direwolf: config file found OK"
#fi

Script succeeded but /boot/config.txt was not configured correctly as I had to remove # on two lines :
dtoverlay=

dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc

resulting in :
-----
[all]
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
# BEGIN ANSIBLE MANAGED BLOCK
# Uncomment these if you have a D.R.A.W.S. / UDRC from NW Digital Radio
# Flush all overlays, ie. deprecated overlays loaded from eeprom
dtoverlay=
# Enable UDRC/DRAWS if no EEPROM
dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
# https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/overclocking.md
force_turbo=1
# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
# dtparam=audio=0
# End of D.R.A.W.S. / UDRC section
# END ANSIBLE MANAGED BLOCK
gpu_mem=64

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
dtparam=audio=on

----

73 de Bernard f6bvp / ai7bg

Basil Gunn

Hi Bernard,

The n7nix repository scripts work with the NWDR image and not an HAMPi
image. The NWDR image is regularly tested against UDRC & DRAWS hats &
has different versions & configuration files of some programs then HAMPi.

The n7nix repository scripts require an NWDR image.
/Basil